"ANOTHER DEMENTION" COVER

Wouter : could you work on a second version of your cover ?

Some advices some people said me (and I agree) :

-maybe a cover with another color than pink

-or maybe a cover with more various colors (less pink)

and maybe some textures on the different forms to make them less "clean" ?

Just to have different versions of this cover, as it seems this "pink" color is not appreciated by lots of people.

These 2 covers are too close in the poll results to definitely choose one. Think I'll ask the other guy to make different versions of his cover too, and then make a new poll with all these versions.

What annoys me in the 2nd cover is that it's too much "ambient-oriented" ... and the comp is not only ambient ...

The 1st cover is more linked to the "another demention" title, but the pink color might not be the right color, that's too flashy IMHO ...

Guest wouter

you cultural barbarians have no respect artists anymore! what is this world coming to...8) Kiddin...OK I could do a million variations with those weird shapes but I choose these for the balance.

I guess you are right about the pink...I though it was interesting, coz I mostly see dark and blue designs. It looks kinda organic this way.

As a matter of fact I have tried a few different variations, textures and colors but the pink one came out best for me. Maybe because it's so clean and pink? I dunno really.

Anyway I respect other ppl's opinions cuz this project is something we kinda shape together.

I will make some variations and post them a.s.a.p...you bastards! 8)

Guest Rumz

Dont change it too much dude....Its a WICKED cover

It was cool, but i kinda agree the pink was a little difficult to stomach,

RumZ

Guest Boppity

I have to agree...I see nothing wrong with the colors you used; they balance very well together and as far as anyone not wanting clean imagery in a cover...what drugs are you on? :)

Regardless if you decide to change the cover or not Wouter, it's a beautiful piece and very well made.

Love & Light,

Jim / Bop

Guest AgalactiA

Rememeber,

Cover designing today is not into art much - because it becomes a bit commercial - what means that the Label wants the cover in a certain way - even limiting the designer's artistic hunches.

I think he should change the colors if he really wants to be on the CD.

Guest wouter

I agree Agalictia...

And as I said before, since everyone is participating in creating this Cd I think everybody has a saying.

I made some variations. I prefer the blue one.

Guest Joemrmeat

It's ok with me, the wooter cover was my favorite. And I think pink is a great color anyway ??!! I voted for your pink one !!

And "clean" is not a problem, I love it.!

JOe

Guest theorem

this is kinda weak... I was the other one in the contest, and it seems that I have gotten snubbed without any real chance here. I was notified that I was supposed to make some variations, which I did, but I guess that didn't matter??? I would really appreciate some info on this!!!

I don't know if I am pissed off or not, but it does kinda seem like I got shorted here. I am on the west coast, so I have a bit of a time difference from you all in Europe, but that is no excuse for telling me to make variations and then not even waiting for them. I recieved the email yesterday, and I emailed my versions today...

I am not trying to cause trouble here, but if this is supposed to be a fair contest, it really does not seem that way. I would really appreciate you putting my variations up with the other guys so that the people who voted me into the final two can have their say as well. Thank you.

Guest Mörkö

Well… the contest still has the original pink cover in it so it should have your original as well. Maybe this is just a vote to determine Wouter’s best cover(s) and you will have a similar vote. (I hope this is the case as your cover was my favorite.)

Guest theorem

thanks for the support Morko.

I hope I did not sound too bitchy before, but I have worked hard on this, and I just want to make sure that I have just as fair a chance as anyone else ;-)

Yes you have one, don't worry, but the 2 polls had to be separate not to influence people in their "variations" choice :-)

There will be a 2nd poll with your cover variations next monday, and a final one between the 2 favourite variations of each of you :-)

I'm going to holidays right now, see ya later all ;o)

Guest theorem

so, whats the deal with the contest? it's been over a week, and I haven't heard anything new...

Guest wouter

My thoughts exactly Theorem.

what's up with the second vote for the other dude's cover?

Is he taking so much time for some color changes or is he making 4 totally different designs again?

If yes I could also take weeks to make a completely new and better design 8( or is it something else?

I don't mean to bitch or anything but maybe it's time to wrap things up so one of us can start working on the rest of the package...

BTW funny to see that with the second vote (where I made the color variations) most ppl choose the pink one anyway 8)

Guest theorem

Actually, I had my variations finished last tuesday, but with children on holiday, he did not get them until today. They are not new designs, just a variation on the other, with a few color changes.

I believe this will all be wrapped up soon, and we can get on with it!

Good luck ;-)