Did anyone like my pic ?

Guest DJINN

Did anyone actually view my 3d picture for the album cover ?

I know its not the one people will choose, but what I would like is some feedback on the pic

Did anyone like it at all ??

DJINN - I'm far from an expert on how to create a good album cover, but I'll give you some feedback since you're asking for it:

- The main thing that I found from your design was that it looked more like it was created by a certain *program*, rather than by a certain *person*.

- The "wow" effect caused by the type of program you're using ended sometime in the mid to late nineties. The last time I saw something similar on a psytrance album was on UX's Ultimate Experience (1997).

- I would try to simplify your ideas. I was recently flabbergasted by the cover for Adrenalin Drum's recent release, for instance. Take a look. It's in the reviews. It's not highly technical in appearance, but its simplicity is striking and to the point.

- *Subtlety*, *simplicity* and *originality* are the keys to good art, in my opinion. The first two come from practice and skill, the last comes from (1) listening to your heart and (2) listening to your heart and (3) listening to your heart.

Do me a favor and list some album covers you really like, DJINN. Lets talk about them if you'd like to pursue the topic further. :) EA

Guest DJINN

sure i can understand all of that.

But.... i posted it for some fun, not as a serious attempt. i tried to explain that in my initial post for the pic.

thats cool though, because im just a musician and not a graphic artists. I just enjoy 3d design and wanted an idea to practice my skills, and the underground vibrations cover, seemed like a good Idea as I had an outlet once I finished.i.e. (psynews.org)

thanx for your comments

and comming from someone who has played guitar and piano for over 20 years I know something about putting heart into my work !