Brasil

Hello Goa Headz!

I need some information on Brazil, where can I find out about parties, outdoor festivals etc. I am moving to Brasil for 4 months Sept - Dec.

Any info on Sao Paulo would be great, what are the best neighborhoods to stay in. Hopefully I can find a flat.

Thank you!

Oi Brasileiros, preciso de seu ajuda!

Olá

For parties and outdoor festivals, check baladaplanet.com.br or raveon.com.br, in the internet, or best to talk to people in the scene when you get to know them (some parties dont advertise)

São Paulo is a very big city, you will have many night time opportunities, trance clubs (e.g. Manga Rosa club), nice restaurants, etc.. The bad part is that it is polluted, lots of traffic jams, etc..

For nice neighbourhoods (I dont know your price range), check out Morumbi, or Real Parque.. There are others, but these are good ones.

Rio de Janeiro, where I am, if you consider it, has less ´trance´ stuff.. It has many clubs to go out, meet people, but as for psy clubs, there are very few clubs like it. Local parties are more rare now, but there is always some amazing outdoor festivals in other amazing places (specially Minas Gerais, Bahia and Alto Paraíso) once in a while. So it´s best going to 2-6 big festivals, with top live acts and djs, in incredible outdoor locations, then going to local parties and listening to not-so-good djs.

Rio de Janeiro is more a natural beauty type of place, with more ´slang´ type of language, more of a sport culture type of place, while Sao Paulo is more italian-oriented (dont know if that makes sense to you hehe), with a different accent, a more city culture place.

anything else?

oh yeah, and outdoor parties in Sao Paulo are always at least an hour drive away (no outdoor in the middle of a trillion buildings, right? =) so you will need a car, a ride from someone, or getting those Party Buses, which are more for bigger parties.

As for big festivals, there are some from 2 hours, to 24 hours driving away (All of them have party buses), but I guarantee you most of them will make your mind go nuts.. Some really amazing places, wicked line ups, well worth whatever distance you have to go through....

Last big festival I went to last year was 24 hours away, (by party bus) but all the time people were smoking joints, drinking, talking, having fun. It wasnt a pain (and going back, I slept the whole time hehehe).. When we got there, I couldnt believe my eye: A huge valley, really amazing deco, 2 waterfalls less then 2 minutes walk from the dance floor, etc..

Obrigado, agora eu estou pronto para ir e dancar tudo noite!!!!

I am starting to learn portuguese now, it hasn't been so hard since I already speak spanish, meus pais sao de porto rico. Hopefully, I don't confused them and start speaking some crazy espangues...

just another question, do you know how much I might pay in rent, in a good neighborhood?

aaaah alto paraiso what a lovely name! I cant wait to party our in nature again!!!!!

tchau! ate mais

For rent (not including all the other costs, like light, etc) it will probably cost between 500 and 1500 dollars, but it all depends on the number of rooms, etc... Im sure on the internet you could find some information.

And dont worry about mixing spanish and portuguese, as we brazillians always mix it too when trying to speak spanish.. I guess most, if not all, will understand what you say

• 1 month later...
Guest Johnny/RJ

Oi, as goes? Well, I want to answer to its topic, and who knows to make more contacts later. I am daqui of the River, and in the week ends we have parties to the outdoors in wonderful places, who knows you could not come a weekend here. You it is DJ? producer? We can think about the possibility of you to touch in one of our parties, but it will be the case of you not to touch, will be welcome thus same. It comes, I wait its reply!