Hampi, INdia

Hey ppl,

I have heard about parties happening in ancient caves in this place known as hAMPI IN INDIA A LITTLE AHEAD FROM GOA.........cud any one tell me the right time or get me hooked to the organizer as i am travelling to goa so would like to visit this place and especially that i am travelling in dec ppls say that Goa has all commerical parties and hampi has the happening parties.........pls info

Guest psyfraggle

Your right about Goa in december.... if you arent one for crowds and prefer smaller intimate parties then you should travel outside and enter Goa in January (which is what im doing)

Regarding parties in hampi I dont think anythign is running at the moment :(

If its parties your after there is stuff happenign in the bigger cities - Delhi, Bombay, Pune, Bangalore.

Otherwise theres lots to see & do!!! gokarna (3 hours from goa), kerala state, hampi's temples, rajasthan etc.... look @ a lonely planet u will be spoilt for choice :)

lit n luk

pSifraggle.

What you say is right but i have read about Hampi being the ancient remains of the oldest civilization and thats the reason was very keen on catching up atleast one party out there so could you give me the contacts of the organizer in Hampi.

STOP this Fucking Partys in Hampi !!!

to all Ignorants there outside,

the hole Hampi Area is a Holy place,why to insult the religious feelings of the locals?!?!?

Thats what you are doing whith Party there!

India is so big,and there are enough nice Locations where we can celebrate a nice night.

Think about that,PLEASE.

to all Ignorants there outside,

the hole Hampi Area is a Holy place,why to insult the religious feelings of the locals?!?!?

Thats what you are doing whith Party there!

India is so big,and there are enough nice Locations where we can celebrate a nice night.

Think about that,PLEASE.

Hey Brotha's

Who are we to stop the parties?? If the countries govt or tourism dept or the archaelogical society of India are not bothered then why do we bother. The entire of India also known as Bharatvarsha is a holy land so that means each and every party should be stopped or what???

P.S.: Regarding insulting the religious feelings of the local ppl wasn't trance dance practised by the God's.......

Regarding insulting the religious feelings of the local ppl wasn't trance dance practised by the God's.......

I strongly doubt they had anything to do with greasy Europeans in head-to-toe tie-dye playing amplified dance music, though.

Who are we to stop the parties?? If the countries govt or tourism dept or the archaelogical society of India are not bothered then why do we bother. The entire of India also known as Bharatvarsha is a holy land so that means each and every party should be stopped or what???

So, basically, you're saying that it's perfectly ok to keep paying off the police, in order to keep the parties going? Money rules, you know. By the same token, where do you stand regarding the issue of should the western paedophiles be allowed to continue practising their sickening ways in Cambodia, as long as the local officials there are not capable of pulling it to halt? No one should interfere, after all it's their business?

Trance music fans who go over to India to sacred places like Hampi are selfish mindless wankers, and an embarrassment to music lovers everywhere. You go to one of the most beautiful, ancient and fabulous places you've ever been to and what do you do? Set up enormous sound systems and take endless amounts of drugs so you can recreate the feeling of being in a car park in Watford.

Wake up people. You might feel like you are connecting with mother earth. In fact you are rapidly destroying one of the most beautiful lands on the planet. The environmental and commercial consequences of the trance scene in India is devastating. I have nothing but contempt for anyone who takes part in the music scene. Goa Trance = mindless selfish western bullshit. Yours, an english techno dj.

Guest psyfraggle

Järsimähäiriö & Zwork do have valid points there abt maintaining a certain respect for the holy aspect of hampi and not going there to munch drugs and party... but then dexter has a valid point too that india is the holy land and these activites...wherever they are shud be persecuted...

that aside... the parties in hampi actually take place across the river and this really doesnt come in the way of tourist and other religioes partakings... to the outside world it is quite non-existant.. and off lately i dont think there have been any parties....

and to "hmmmmm yeah" the "techno" dj, all i can say is broaden your horizons or shut up, psytrance no more belongs to the white man, it is huge in india and any of the festivals in Brazil and mexico will definately make you eat your words

bom bholenath!

Guest psyfraggle

Järsimähäiriö & Zwork do have valid points there abt maintaining a certain respect for the holy aspect of hampi and not going there to munch drugs and party... but then dexter has a valid point too that india is the holy land and these activites...wherever they are shud be persecuted...

that aside... the parties in hampi actually take place across the river and this really doesnt come in the way of tourist and other religioes partakings... to the outside world it is quite non-existant.. and off lately i dont think there have been any parties....

and to "hmmmmm yeah" the "techno" dj, all i can say is broaden your horizons or shut up, psytrance no more belongs to the white man, it is huge in india and any of the festivals in Brazil and mexico will definately make you eat your words

bom bholenath!

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha........ boys will be boys... i certainly agree with my german friend on his views 'Stop this fucking parties in Hampi'..... but i think u guys are jumping around a bit too much.. the only established area for a proper trance parties is still very much vagator, chapora, anjuna area.... they are more commercial in december and better in february...... u will find the ravers and hippies in any number there... hampi is more a traveller scene and there just isn't that much enthusiasm for a regular party scene.. just an odd group organizing one here or there..... so don't go there expecting parties,, gokarna has a better chance but again no real scene...

so my advice is head to vagator for parties and travel the rest of the time.

i'm going to kanya kumari on bike from goa in january this year, but i won't invite anyone coz i aint easy to travel with......

India is magical, just throw away the lonely planet... travel to the mountains, pass the rohtang and go to ladakh and also go to kinnaur via chandratal and spiti.... that will blow your mind way more than a trance party.... stick away from manali, pushkar, vagator and hampi for most of the time and you will see an enchanting land....... anyways jarsim and zwork hope my country gave you guys understanding, because you seem the kind....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shaitan

Hi,

Im actually planning to go Goa in mid-January also to avoid the crowdy parties. But meanwhile Im going south India : Christmas in Puri, Chennai, Pondichery, Kanyakapuri, Kollam, Allapuzzha, Gokarna (i heard there are many nice parties there) and finally Palolem. Id like to know if there are some parties coming by in those areas...not necessarely goa or psy parties...Ive been travelling for three months now and Im just missing to dance in some electronic music event. I tried to get a ticket yesterday for the Smirnoff experience tonight @ Royal golf club of Kolkata (Calcutta), but it seems that you have to be a big shot to go there (nice clothes and everything...). So I hope Ill find something for christmas in Puri, Orissa...

So If you have any information about parties going on in south India, or if you are travelling in those areas and want to meet a nice canadian guy, please contact me by e-mail : sebastien.gelinas@laposte.net .

Have a good journey,

Boom Sambhu!!

Guest Shaitan

Hi,

Im actually planning to go Goa in mid-January also to avoid the crowdy parties. But meanwhile Im going south India : Christmas in Puri, Chennai, Pondichery, Kanyakapuri, Kollam, Allapuzzha, Gokarna (i heard there are many nice parties there) and finally Palolem. Id like to know if there are some parties coming by in those areas...not necessarely goa or psy parties...Ive been travelling for three months now and Im just missing to dance in some electronic music event. I tried to get a ticket yesterday for the Smirnoff experience tonight @ Royal golf club of Kolkata (Calcutta), but it seems that you have to be a big shot to go there (nice clothes and everything...). So I hope Ill find something for christmas in Puri, Orissa...

So If you have any information about parties going on in south India, or if you are travelling in those areas and want to meet a nice canadian guy, please contact me by e-mail : sebastien.gelinas@laposte.net .

Have a good journey,

Boom Sambhu!!

Guest Shaitan

Hi,

Have a good journey,

Boom Sambhu!!

• 3 weeks later...

You are gd right ZWORK !!!

Hampi is a Holy Place and i think its enought that all Goa is Full of Parties, sure the locals live from the Turists and also from the Parties, say for example, those wonderful Chai Ladies ... But there are just some places, we schould have respect on, and Hampi is one of those places...

So ppl, go for Parties all over the World but allways keep your eyes open, and save some places so they can stay the way they are...