I´m looking for hippie places

Yes, how about this place called the 70's? You wannabe-neo-hippies are just dead boring and smell bad, there is no country that would exactly welcome you with open arms or anything... Although India is one place well-renown for not discriminating against these flea-bags --> Consequently, it's a pain in the ass to travel in for anyone non-hippie. Fuck that, try taking a train from Mangalore to Bangalore and you'll be approached by 25 million white tossers with dreadlocks, addressing you as "baba" or something equally ridiculous, asking for freebie drinks or smokes or basically just freebie anything. Tell them to go fuck themselves, and be greeted with some made-up -Hindi nasty proverb. These bums, living on something like 100 rupees a day, would probably be thrown into jail in their respective homecountries on the grounds of being so fuckin' vile, but India is different. So it'd probably suit your purposes just dandily.

and your problem is Järsimähäiriö? If you dont like hippy type people and ideas, I think you sadly have big problems with a big part of the psytrance scene ..

great tips dude .... :)

Yes, I know the common joes are none to keen about the foreigners of this sort. It's still dead-easy to get a 6-month visa though, and the immigration-officials don't give a squat about the herds of muppets wandering through the gates... Some countries are much more difficult for the wandering hippies, as evident by a sign that used to stand at the Vientiane-Nong Khai border-crossing:

NOTICE

BY VIRTUE OF SECTION 16 THE IMMIGRATION ACT, B.E 2522 (1979)

THE MINISTER OF INTERIOR ISSUSE THE FOLLOWING ORDER TO IDENTIFY

AN ALIEN WITH “HIPPY” CHARACTEISTICS:

1. A PERSON WHO WEARS JUST A SINGLET OR WAISTCOAT WITHOUT UNDERWEAR.

2. A PERSON WHO WEARS SHORTS WHICH ARE NOT RESPECTABLE.

3. A PERSON WHO WEARS ANY TYPE OF SLIPPERS OR WOODEN SANDALS, EXCEPT WHEN THESE ARE PART OF A NATIONAL COSTUME.

4. A PERSON WHO WEARS SILK PANTS THAT ARE NOT RESPECTABLE.

5. A PERSON WHO HAS LONG HAIR THAT APPEARS UNTIDY AND DIRTY.

6. A PERSON WHO IS DRESSED IN AN INPOLITE AND DIRTY-LOOKING MANNER.

AN ALIEN WITH SUCH CHARACTERISTICS WILL BE PROHIBITED FROM ENTERING THE KINGDOM. IF AN ALIEN HAS THE ABOVE CHARACTERISTICS AFTER ENTERING THE KINGDOM, HE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DEPORTED.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN ALIEN MUST CARRY THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF MONEY WITH HIM WHEN ENTERING THE KINGDOM IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE MINISTRY OF INTERIOR AS FOLLOWS:-

1. TRANSIT VISA OR WITHOUT VISA, NOT LESS THAN 5000 BAHT PER PERSON OR 10000 BAHT PER FAMILY.

2. TOURIST VISA OR NON IMMIGRANT VISA NOT LESS THAN 10000 BAHT PER PERSON OR 20000 BAHT PER FAMILY.

3. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS OLD.

A similar sign still excists at the Thai-Malaysia border, encouraging the hippies to stay the hell off the Malay-soil. Singapore has a similar policy. Take heed hippies, you may tick South-East Asia off your itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... they didn't stop me when i went from Thailand to Malaysia some years ago and i looked like some standard fluorohippietrash guy back then... ;-) So i don't think they care very much about that sign...

• 1 month later...

Yeah sure. Everyone with dredlocks is a wannabe hippie. And everyone with a short back and sides is a wannabe accountant. Grow up mate. Not saying this is your exact point but you sure as hell dont sound like you got an open mind.

The men just asked for hippie places

The men? Which men were those? Thanks, though, as I was under the impression this thread was about winter-proofing a wooden villa by the seaside, one that was originally built around the turn of the 20th century. It makes a lot more sense now, thanks to your prompt clarification.

Go back to your pedicure...

There there now, aren't you such a tease, silly.

Isn't it obvious? As a toddler, I was beaten all around the house by my uncle Malcolm, who happened to live in a trailer parked on our backyard. He was a real number as well, wouldn't take any crap about his lack of soap-use. Crazy uncle Mac, that's what us kids used to call the old bugger.

What do you mean by this "again" -notion, though? You've asked me this before? Thanks, old bean, it really is wonderful to know that someone actually cares.

Guest fusion01

lol... seems anything said to this individual is just taken as an insult... so best not continue to 'stoke the fires' and relive the 'Unclue Malcolm' moments all over again... must have been terrible... you have my condolences and I trust some sensistive and caring psychotherapy has been had... although by the tonal responses I defintely do not recommend a holiday overseas, but to invest your monies earnt into more of the same, only for your 'personal growth' and no-one else's. It ain't about HOW LONG YOUR HAIR IS, WHETHER YOU WEAR FLUORESCENT CLOTHING, but WHERE YOUR MIND STATE IS AT. And that entails acceptance / understanding and when, ideally acceptance leading to love.

We had a wicked 3 day party in Cape Town, South Africa - phat rig and awesome scenery. I've short hair and most had dreadlocks (my girlfriend does) but no-one gave a monkey's and a great time was had!

We had a wicked 3 day party in Cape Town, South Africa - phat rig and awesome scenery. I've short hair and most had dreadlocks (my girlfriend does) but no-one gave a monkey's and a great time was had!

Wow, sounds great! As you sound like an upstanding young citizen, here's something you'll no doubt appreciate: After the hippies start pouring in, having read great things about SA on the psynews.org -forum, you'll never need to worry about getting your fancy Tevas (or whichever sandal-make you short-haired, upstanding young citizens prefer in your neck of the woods) dirty! Here's the trick:

1.) Get some loose exhange, preferably in 1R -coins.

2.) Now, upon approaching a pool of mud, a dog-turd, a sleeping wannabe-hippy or basically just anything unpleasant and unhygienic

, reach for your hopefully plentiful stash of Rands.

3.) With one hand firmly in the coin-pocket, spot the closest up-and-about wannabe-hippy. Yes, might sound a tad tasky considering your general neighbourhood mainly consisting of young citizens not lacking in the upstandiness-department. But remember, there will be hordes of them by now, drawn by some positive opinions on the popular net-forum (www.wienerstuck.com/delphi/hotornot).

4.) Performing an arched "swoosh" with your coin-hand, chip a Rand in the direction of the obstacle vaguely described in "1.)". If your timing was perfect (read: if you hadn't started touching your penis with the hand supposedly holding a 1R-coin), the wandering flea-bag will be kissing the dirt quicker than you can spell "I do but some of my mates don't.".

5.) Hey presto! I'm sure a frisky chap of your caliber will figure the rest out by himself! For newbies, going for the "big game" i.e. caucasian-outerior-with-a-jamaican-heart -types is advisable, as brushing the soles of your pukka sandals against their dreads will rid you of all the old cat poo that has got stuck down there since last wednesday.

Now, before the human-rights -brigade comes marching in, let me assure you that the poor misfits will almost never object to this kind of behaviour! After all, they just earned the day's wage and with that eternal stench, who's gonna spot the minuscule amount of groundhog vomit now nicely covering their gril.

Live and let live, that's what I always say.

Guest ranterbanter

I rather enjoy what Järsimähäiriö has to say. Nothing wrong with the truth.

If anyone else has a problem, goa-head, make my day.