SAMOTHRAKI FAQ ..feel free to answer

1. Samothraki and weed? How do the cops handle it?

2. Where to get weed at Samothraki? No way in hell that I would try to smuggle anything out from this country.

3. Samothraki and cellphones and money and such. Do I have to carry all my wealth (such as cellphone and wallet) with me all the time?

..i guess that's it..

Guest dam10n

i am reliably informed that weed is available all over the place on teh island -- mushies, chems too -- at least was last year.

the cops will be waiting and hassle ppl getting on to the ferry, but wait till you get to the island, site.

cellphones no idea if they'll work

security, i met one person who had stuff ripped off from his tent last year, generally reckon it should be okay (an island full of trance people---go figure)

but best tip for ANY festival is to keep your tent as messy and as cluttered as possible, resist temptation to keep it tidy then people can see exactly what's there worth pinching. and don't padlock your tent, ever.

g'luck and see you there :)

Guest Hallucinogenious

why not padlock our tents ?

Cells .. hmm don't know man. I just got a new cell phone, maybe i'll have it with me ...

As for the weed. Don't take anything with you. If the policemen find anything on you,you'll probably miss the festival and you won't spent a nice time at the police department or anywhere else they get you.

Last year it was said that you could find anything you want,but they were expensive ...

At a festival that was held at 25-28July at Halkidiki,Greece police arrested 25 people with hashish,e and other drugs. Maybe we should be more careful ..

But an advance of SDF is that is co-organised with the municipality of Samothraki .. and you know its more 'official'

Guest krize

damn, I hear the laws are very strict in Greece too ? What will happen if I get busted with some hash and acid ?

Guest dam10n

>why not padlock our tents ?

dude, cos then the casual criminal knows you've got something in there worth pinching... and when you get back to your tent, it's sliced open with a knife or whatever

dunno, maybe this isn't important but certainly in the UK you get a lot of assholes at festivals and you WILL get robbed if you padlock!

and please nobody chance it with taking drugs into greece -- there's no shortage on the island, yeah it may be expensive, but if you want a cheap way to get high then come and find me and i'llwhack you on the head with a big fish till you start tripping

Guest Hallucinogenious

i expect a rising at the prices during the festival at the island ..

bottle: usually at bars, its 5 e

can: 1-2e (more than 2e for a 330ml can its called robbery)

Bring or not bring your own smoke ?....

It's true that the Greek police is really hard on drugs, including weed and I 've been told it's better not to get caught....

But on the other hand, hash is about 12 to 15 € a gram (even 20 for indian sharas !!!!). I haven't seen that much pot around last year...

BTW 12/15 € for Es or blotters also....

Regarding thieves, I haven't heard about too many problems in the camping.

Buying beer is an other problem....

Guest God its jesus

Lived in greece for 6 months and the people I met were mostly out to make as quick a buck as poss.My boyfriend and all my mates were greek and I love them to pieces but the general vibe of the people was shocking.Maybe thats what you get when a country has only just pulled itself out of poverty through tourism.

It was so strict in Kerakia aka Corfu that my mates the locals did not like smoking spiff on the beach.Carry it but dont be blatent about smoking unless in the festie

I expect to pay rip off prices.Drugs out there are expensive anyway and even at small underground parties the locals expected a pill to be £8.However the pills are stronger out there in England its getting more comercial and factory orientated.In the sense Im from london and I can go to manchester and say have you tried Hearts/Aliens whatever and theyll be like yeah.Mass produced means lesser content.

Will we be able to take our own food into the festival and is there a town nearby to purcahse stuff???

Many apologies for sounding so narrow minded this was just my expirence of Corfu and the people. I really hope this trip to greece changes my whole perception.

Happy Solar Flying

MFO xxx

yeah lets hope so ...

I have heard that there is a shop in samothraki, but you are advised to rent a scooter (its that far) ??? Buying food at samothraki is also very expensive :(

anyone else plz ??

the cell phones work there, I had one last year and the signal was full....for christ sake people, how do you think the main organiser does his stuff if he doesn't have a sell phone taped to his ass...it's a must have at such a big festival...

as for food you can bring anything you want there...I took loads of cans there since they don't get rotten after a while, also take some pasta and all the other stuff that can stay normal on such long trips. There are shops on the island about 2-3 kilometers away from the location in a small village near the waterfalls, you can buy everything there.

as for drugs, I don't do them so I don't know...and don't care...

Guest unikos

traveller: the combination, for most party-goers

okay so here is the story: cell phones work, food and a (very crowded)mini market will be available inside the festival. if u want to go to the nearest village its a long walk in a straight of approx. 3 km and then its 1/2 km uphill.. you can do it but a motorbike sounds promising, doesnt it? then u can also check out the mountain trails with the streams and the 10s of falls and pool-size lakes, etc... of course u can also rely on volunteers to give you a ride, a.k.a. auto-stop(in "greek"), or hitchhiking.. i have given a ride to more than 30 people during my 2 previous visits......

drugs: i ve been to the festival twice and im now going there extra clean, wearing a huge smile on my face when i pass next to the cops when im getting out of the ferry.. then im going to head to the fest site and find anything i want (im 100% sure of that).. the fest is protected by cops (this is how it usually works over here in Greece) who will only search those who are outside...