Psychedelic Trance in Edinburgh

Hey everybody! Just wondering if anyone knows about psytrance events in Edinburgh - or in Scotland in general?? I've been looking for a while but didn't find anything as yet-

Cheers * Cecile

• 2 weeks later...
Guest psy druid

i ve just left edinburgh uni and in the past 2 years or so there was a healthy trance scene with a mothly night called phosphorescence where charlie monro (james brother) was resident and they used to get lots of flying rhino people to play. there was also a night called spatter who had acts such as hallucinogen, prometheus, simon h and shakta.

also vortex and aswang which no longer run who had acts such as dick trevor, bus and the bumbling loons.

every two weeks there was a night called sublime which started of as psy trance but went quite clubby...acts such as return to the source-mark allen, quirk, dimitri, medicine drum.

lastly i put on a little night called gemini and dj nobody came up and played.

unfortunately for you i think all of these nights ended last summer but i think there are a few on offs here and there, one on the 5th at the venue called ingognito (spg) had junya is playing.

hope all goes well, try looking around for flyers, on cockburn street is a good place or try the 'list' magazine.

goodluck, i was friends with all of the above promoters and all good people and good nights so enjoy!!