GOA tips

Guest -=mondal=-

Hi,

I got two friends that are travelling to GOA india soon...

And these two freaks are looking for some good partys and the ´energy´ from GOA!! ;)

Any tips on places to go and were to live are appreciated!

How is it with drugs and cops in india?

Many thanks in advance!

BANg!

"How is it with drugs and cops in india?"

Well, it seems the law is very rude, but people really smoke stuff and sell it very openly..seems cops either arent there or they dont much care.

Still..dont carry lots of stuff for long time..and always buy small amounts.

um..this is what i have heard ;-)

Guest bombadil

it may seem ok to smoke openly, usually it is.

DO NOT get busted even with the smallest quantity of smoke though.

Hash is a banned narcotic in Goa and Kanartaka (Gokarna, Hampi), so while it is culturally cool to smoke (acceptance, even encouragement from locals) cops have realised that shaking down hippy- looking travellers is a great way to substitute thier income.

do not be suprised to be bullied, strip searched, packs opened up onto the (filthy) street. if they find anything at all they will demand an "on the spot fine" of up to US$200, and really it is better than the alternative...would you want to face an indian court?

Gokarna is far more "shanti" than goa, smaller less commercial parties, Hampi is spectacular in SO many ways, and the occasional goa parties just add to the absolute amazingness of the place. goa (anjuna, vagator) is easy access, lots of restaraunts, nice places to stay within motorcycle of parties... YAWN

good music though.

and really, INDIA! forget trance, that country IS an hallucinogen. drugs are irrelevant, there is divine surreal mind altering @!#$ OCCURING in the STREET....

have fun, just laugh!

yes, it a trip through india is mind expanding!

in the beautiful town pushkar i encountered a man coverd in ashes or mud that was dressed up like monkey. when i passed him, he swinged his tail into my face. i didn't really know what he meant by that, be we had a good laugh together... :-)

yes, it a trip through india is mind expanding!

in the beautifull town pushkar i encountered a man coverd in ashes or mud that was dressed up like monkey. when i passed him, he swung his tail into my face. i didn't really know what he meant by that, be we had a good laugh together... :-)

the leppars with legs in impossible positions, and the persistant beggars and heroin pushers in the streets of bombay expand your mind in a different direction.

if you just want techno, you would better go elswhere (brazil is good place, i have heared ;-) ).

for techno...yeah...maybe brazil...not too sure...but if ur lookin' for goa/psytrance..id go to india for sure...pushkar is really good iv heard...partiez out in the dessert :)...and manali is also really good...up in the himalyas...and im sure uv already head a great deal about goa so i'll spare you the pain.

i meant techno in the broad sense of its meaning. that includes "goa/psytrance".

parties in goa are nice, but i've seen better...

anyways, enjoy!

Yeah, here in Brazil the Goa/Psy scene is huge!!!! Great Parties and great locations for the parties!!!!

Guest drops of madness

this year there are not as many big parties...

after hill top....new years time....there were 2 or 3 underground parties....

but almost impossible to find....unless u know someone there...

and elections have fucked the party scene a bit more....

there will be 2 or 3 official parties later this month....

Hey guys....I was wondering if you know until when the party season stays kicking in Goa and around there....cause Im going there in a couple of months, around the end of March and I would really like to get some parties, if not, well Im sure fun and spiritual enlightment I wont fail to get.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Plur