Remixes: why bother?

I'm I the only one out there who HATES remixes of songs? This is available for every music style, not only psy... I don't think there are more than 5 remixes out there which I actually like. So, why bother making remixes in the first place anyway?

Guest Protex Midget

I agree. Remixes are annoying. Even though their are some good remixes around, most remixes suck. It's like taking something good, and shitting on it.

Guest Setsuko

nah , some remixes are ok... sometimes even better :)

try

Tandu - alien pump and Tandu -alien pump remix (it isn't realy a remix but it's just so powerfull - both of the songs)

also the cydonia remix from Morphem - hypnotone is great

there are shitty ones out there but if the remix is made with respect for the original one... it's good. i like the remix from Deedrah-reload / Meat Head productions-the big ship very much

Guest phaeton

some remixes are good, others are bad ... same thing goes for original tracks .. i don't really see the point, what are you aiming towards moondancer, a ban on remixing or something? it isn't such a big thing in psytrance anyway compared to many other styles of dance music ... i haven't noticed there being relatively more bad remixes around than bad original tracks, so i personally don't think there's a connection or something between a track being a remix and a track being bad ;)

What are you talking about????

This is stupid. Some songs suck, just like some remixes suck.

Why bother making remixes?????? Well Ill give you just a few reasons.

Psycho Live Mix

Bionic Bong 2001 mix

Gamma Goblins Remixes

Baby killer rmx

anyone else??

yes, but these are exceptions!! Like I said, I too like a handfull of remixer out there, but 99% are crap IMO! I'm not talking about a ban or anything (everybody's free...), but why would an artist take a decent track and ruin it? Doen't HE feel bad in the first place?

Guest sOme exAmples

"I don't think there are more than 5 remixes out there which I actually like. So, why bother making remixes in the first place anyway?"

Well, i dont think remixes are made for you moom:)

But, give us examples of bad remixes in your opinion.

Guest phaeton

'why would an artist take a decent track and ruin it? Doen't HE feel bad in the first place?'

/me rotfl

look at that quote one more time moonie, i'm not going to answer your question but just keep on reading it till you can come up with an answer, it really shouldn't take that long ... ;)

i think remixes are good because they show other sides of the same track and give other feelings. ok, some suck but some original tracks suck too...

I'd say there should be a law against Astral Projection making remixes of their own tracks. All the Mahadeva rmxs suck major time bollocks, which is quite an accomplishment considering the greatness of the original, and this is the case with all their great oldies. Kabalah would be another prime example. So no more, please.

Guest Avneesh

I LOVE tastefully done remixes..some examples are -

Bionic Bong 2001

and

Psycho: tribute to infected mushroom

THese remixes are just amazing and they've also helped me to appreciate the original better..

actually i would like to add that a good knowledge of the original track helps in appreciating Remixes

The whole idea of m,aking a remix is to take some samples of the original and rewrite it to a new song. It doen's always have to be totally different, and often isn't. as many of Astral's remixes are quite similar to the originals, just listne a bit deeper!! Also, many remixes are donein respect of the artist, not the song.

Guest aRCH-ViLe

Good example: Man With No Name's remix of Eat Statics "Bony Incus"

Bad example: Oliver Liebs bastardisation of Hallucinogens "LSD"

A remix I really want to see (or hear): Ozric Tentacles remixing Shpongles "Behind Closed Eyelids"!!!!! I really hope it will happen one (sunny) day.

bitmonx has provided a lot of positive evidence as to y rmxs are worthwhile.

PS: Bob Dylans songs have been covered so many times - the only 1 that is better than the original (IMO) is Jimi Hendrix - All Along The WatchTower