DAMN SIMON POSFORD!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elysium Project

There are no GOD's in this scene just normal people like you and me.... I thought that one of the reasons why people like this scene so much is because we don't have that hyped groupie thing going on here...Guess I was wrong...

Ouroboros you mentioned the "slicer"

This may be what he uses, but he doesn't use it like everybody else. As usual, he puts a lot more time an attention into it (probably does it fast by now though), making the "slices" fit in with other goings on in the music. He uses the "negative space" that's created with the slicer to make a pattern of its own. it's not just ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo

It's oooooooooooooo-o-o-ooo-o-o-ooo-o-oo-o-o-ooo-o-o-ooo-o-oo-o-o-ooo

lol i can't explain it. i give up. he just "does it" for me way better than infected mushroom... xdream. asura..... logic bomb... whoever

It's like I said, he's a fuckin show-off!

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

Guest lifeform

What gets me about Posfords work is his voice samples... such as talking about walls crawling we geometric hallucinations, and then he creates that visual in your head, where he creates walls with music and then bounces that snare of of them. amazing... Picture a circle with a flying split in it.. He creates it with music. This is a circular vortex.. then he does it with music. It is completely out of this world music that exceds anything else i've heard. The work the talent and the production that he can get is genious. I swear, if i had his talent i'd be the happiest man in the world. Some people say his music sounds cheesy at times... that'd because it sounds so REAL. You can actually feel the jello flopping around inside your head.

hhhmmm well his music does seem to have a lot of "ego" to it, very "bossy" and so forth, hard to describe for me... I'm a bit put off by it... Sounds like he takes himself VERY seriously :)

As for sounds i think the Hux Flux get far more insane sounds and have such a better vibe about their music- very funny and whatnot...

Guest space^madness

something *is* special about simon posford's music, there must be a reason for people obsessing this guy. whatever i call him God, King, The best blablabla is nothing of your consern anyway, it's just a matter of speech.

instead of using the term "simon posford is God" i can rephrase it to "in my oppinion simon posford is the best", or even better, "simon posford is my favourite musician".

okeyokey?^_^

Guest bugbread

Strumpling: "yeah when i listen to Simon's music it's like he going "take THIS! take THAT! check THIS out! listen to THIS @!#$! oh yeah?! try and do THIS!" it's kick-ass!"

That's about the coolest description of his music I have ever read. I actually laughed out loud.

I pretty much agree that he's the best, not because every one of his songs is better than anyone else's, but he has so few bad songs! The only songs I'm not impressed with are some of his singles (Thugs in Tie-Dye) and, unfortunately, "Beautiful People". But his bad songs are pretty few and far between. Infected and Jorg have individual songs that can challenge him (The Messenger, Angel Johnathon), but lose when it comes to overall excellence.

And Shpongle? Nothing can fucking touch it. I don't care for idol worship, but when music is so good that you cry listening to your walkman on the way to work, it's hard NOT to idolize its creator.

• 5 years later...

God dammit! He's spoiled it for me!

His 4 biggies (Twisted, Deranger, Shpongled?, Inexpressible) have totally ruined almost all other music for me!

Anbody else suffering from STG Syndrome? (Simon's Too Good)

And i STILL notice new stuff occasionally with those albums. It's funny how it might seem like there's almost silence in some of those Shpongle tracks, but if you turn it up there's a whole world of noise going on.

He's just too good.... he's spoiled me.

Anybody agree, or am i just obsessing?

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

You're just obsessing, his music didn't last in my ears!

And there's that effect everybody's into now where you take a voice or a long soooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnddddd and cut it up make it go sooo-o-oo-o-oo-oooo--o-o-oo-ooo-o-o-oouu-uuu-u--u-u-uuu-uu--uuu-n-nn-n-nnn-d-d-dd.

it's not just ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo

It's oooooooooooooo-o-o-ooo-o-o-ooo-o-oo-o-o-ooo-o-o-ooo-o-oo-o-o-ooo

lol i can't explain it.

LOL, I cannot explain it either. But whatever the fuck was this guy trying to say with the above quoted equations, you just cannot not agree.

It seems to me like the Posford freaks have developed their own linguistical code or something.

i think its pretty obvious what he is trying to communicate.

to quote nofx: its just needs a few ooooo's and aaaaaa's in just the right places..

or to quote nofx:

"my vagina has lots of extra skin"

:blink:

:lol:

No, but I'm suffering from RTG Syndrome (a.k.a. Richard David James is too good syndrome)

I got good news for you, just clean your ears and the syndrome is gone! :)

There's no cure for STG syndrome tho, unless the Hallucinogen 3 will be bad...

ahh no need to so harsh :lol:

really I mean it <_<

I'm actually a fan of posford's work but his recent Hallucinogen work has been way below standard so I really don't want a 3rd album.

I'm actually a fan of posford's work but his recent Hallucinogen work has been way below standard so I really don't want a 3rd album.

Well maybe the guy will actually take his time to make some prober tracks if they will go on to an album? Thats what I'm hoping! B)

(I know I'm very optimistic by nature :P )