Simon Posford (GOD of Psytrance)

Guest tequila

>Author: oa (---.fll-int1.netmgt.com)

>Date: 03-07-02 15:54

>

>dont take it so litteraly. jeeze

pretty funny, each one of your attemps to be ironical on this forum fails, oa:)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spiralix

HEy! ofcourse simon is GOd! i worship him every day! i kiss my synthesizers and pray to simon p. i really hope he comes to bless my mixer! hehe!

Anyway, think what you want to think.. I dont give a f**k if someone think of Ian Ion as 14 aged girls think of britney..

Noone needs to tell anyone what to do or think, and especially not on a forum on the internet!

PLUR

Guest Setsuko

God is God , Simon is just another soul inside a human body BUT with intens expressions ... like he want to tell us something through his music , something beautful about life and about God ... he's the messenger of God telling us we have got to smile and be happy every single minute because life is to short to walk on this planet on spread negative energy...

Unusual Suspects is pretty Usual suspects to me ... but i respect it ...

brw , the Tristan track is gorgeous...

Guest lifeform

Well, i recently had time lately... 2 nights ago.. To hear the new twisted comp how it's supposed to be heard, if you know what i mean... And it is sure beautiful... I never thought simons such perfect touch of every sound could be improved ... But he digged so deep into these tracks... Expecially 1,2,and 8. Dwarfs has so many sounds in the beginning that work together so nicely... That i nevr noticed before. He really out did himself this time... With the help of others... But i'm sure simon was the one who was the one behind the screen most of the time. I guess simons new trick is to put that healthy ammount of reverb on his fatter kicks to give it alittle more space. Watch those sounds circle around that heart beat! Very nice indeed. Take care all-

heh just kidding on that topic title...

I think it's creative... but i've actually never really liked his music... not my style... I like full on acid mania with Atmosphere (juno reactor). Shpongle is nice... but i'm tired of all the "trippy" sounds... The Infinity Project is soooo much better than shpongle... Halluciongen well.... I've got about 50 goa albums and only 1 of his albums. The reason i bought it? i told myself "eh, i'm sure i oughta have it". If I was to call anyone a god it'd have to be Juno Reactor ... i wish everyone sounded like that guy.... in my opinion halluciongen can't compare worth $hit! Unfortunatly Ben Watkins donesn't want anything to do with goa or psy.... he wants to trancend it all and make himself a god... whatever.

"To hear the new twisted comp how it's supposed to be heard, if you know what i mean... "

way to go lifeform. Listen with EVERYTHING ,, hehe:) I hope to soon.

Guest Eshanti Brahman

I dont think we should try to put much weight on the statement "Posford is GOD".

Its more like Michael Jackson was "King of Pop", but technically he is not a member of a royal family ...get it? Hell, the fact that there might be a God could raise a fucking discussion here so equaling Posford to God is a mere enthusiastic

description of admiration of Posfords work. However,I think we should stay sober and not lose perspectives about Simon Posford. He is a very good musician, he tells stories through his music and his message is strong. But he has got inspiration from others who started out making psychedelic music long time before him and not all he have made is FANTASTIC. I thought that Unusual Aspect is above average but nothing more. Simon Posford takes the music several steps further than his fellow musicians,but is it always a success?

*peace*

Guest Amitabha

what I meant with "God" was just a definition of how much i admire his music. The word "god" has uncountable definitions.

Sure there is jesus christ, the allah and all those gods.. but you will all end up realising it's all something created by the mind. Just an illusion of something that is not understandable to the ordinary human intellect. There may be some enlightened man up there in the mountain, or some prophet that you look up to, or some sage from ancient times, but you should not value them higher than those you know and love. your true self and those that give you love and light are your true "gods"..

no word is more worth than another.. all is equally important/unimportant. but i change the title to satisfy some of you that got your egoes hurt a bit ;)

sorry..

And one more thing.. I, at least enjoy some 'the finger' "Cheeze" in the jungle of Dark kickdrums and basslines from hell. those are the things i think can be a bit unoriginal at times. <-- note "i" think.. I am not telling other people what to think.. you are free to think what you want.. Just respect your fellow man/woman.

peace all!

Guest Amitabha

by the way.. at a netshop i could see one could pre order the Live album.. whats this?? it seems they will release it after all?

Guest bugbread

I prefer "king", as a God is forever but a King is king only until he starts ruling poorly and his subjects depose him. "Hero" is also nice, because it just means that he's done something kick ass in the past and hasn't done anything bad enough to knock himself off his pedestal yet. "Hero of Psy"...Boy, that sounds dumb, though.

• 4 years later...

People never tire of praising simon posford do they!

He is the best artist that I think is overrated :huh:

As good as he is I just can't stand to see so much praise. & he can go wrong!

NB

Radi I just PM'd you my address so you can come round & kill me

:ph34r: