Good DnB?

Anyone know of some good Drum n bass/jungle stuff? I really like that sort of beat but don't know where to start.

I really like the song called dual element (i think thats it) by tsuyoshi suzuki but I also like more conventional dnb stuff as well.

Any suggestions?

Guest Mergi

Some of Photek's older work is pretty intense... try Photek - The Seven Samurai, Photek - Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu... Big Bud does some nice dnb, Big Bud - Pure, is real good.

Guest Mike D

INCredible Records: The Sounds Of Drum N' Bass - Goldie

Roni Size/Reprazent - Both albums, though the second one is a little more rap/hip hop orientated.

Good Looking Records - This is the more chilled out side of drum n bass, very jazz orientated. This is for me the best record lable with artists such as LTJ Bukem, Big Bud, MC Conrad and many others. They also make chilled world music in the Earth series. The vocals, when they have them, are very relaxing, not just rapping over the top, but melodious and calm.

if you want the more full on sounds, then check out:

Metalheadz Records - Photek, Matrix, Goldie and the likes. A dark side of drum n bazz.

Guest Mike D

If you are looking at DNB, you may wanna checkout some of the NU Braks compilations such as:

Arthur Baker - Brakin' (A 2 cd mix on Perfecto Records by Arthur Baker, big time producer and dj)

Tayo - Y4K Further Still (A mix on Instinctive Breaks label by Tayo, nice and fgull of many famous and pumpin' trax)

Koma & Bones - Y4K Next Level Breaks (Another mix by a big name in the scene on Instinctive Breaks Label)

Botchit Records, such as Urban Funk Breaks I and II nic albums and mixes from here.

Just a thouhgt. Enjoy the music :-)

Guest bugbread

If you're looking for crazy jungle, look for psyche-outs (or perhaps Psyche Outs or even saikeautsu). They're a Japanese jungle group with a penchant for video game and cartoon samples. There's a bit on Audiogalaxy, I believe (they only produce CD-R albums so far, so there's no way to purchase their stuff outside local Japanese distribution lines)

Not your straight DnB, but a little industrial influenced, I think dryft - cell is really great.

Also I quite like the ed rush & optical album and the teebee albums.

Guest brandon

listen to some SQUAREPUSHER!!!

his best albums are: 'feed me weird things' , 'big loada', 'hard normal daddy'

also check out Bogdan Raczinski

Guest AtomikElf

hey, if you want some awesome drumnbass, without the cheesy rap-@!#$ vocals, just the good industrial kinda future-tech drumnbass check these out:

calyx - artist name (don't know any cd's - got all my stuff off audiogalaxy)

technical itch (also got off audiogalaxy)

dom & roland: industry (awesome cd!!!!!!! MUST HAVE!!!)

ed rush & optical: wormhole (2xCD - virus recordings - excellent, dark, but has the same kinda sounds tho- but still a good buy!!)

dieselboy - he mainly makes mixed cd's - he also has a cool webpage with his cd's out so far http://www.djdieselboy.com/frameset.html

compilation: saigon: incoming (really awesome cd - i've played it so many times - and it's excellent - i highly recommend it if you can get it!!)

also, if you want some relaxed, atmospheric drumnbass, very chilled, and smooth:

logical progression 3 (2xCD's, the 1st one sucks bigtime, but it's worth it for the second cd!! - good looking records)

two revolutions : mixed by blame (on good looking records) double cd - excellent chill-out, but groovy, drumnbass.

http://www.theearthprogram.com/

www.drumnbass.com

Guest Ibotenic

Kemal & Rob Data and their pseudonyms (Konflict, Paranoid User)

J Majik

A-Sides

Bad Company

Stakka & K-Tee

Muffler

this is hard möyring jungle

Guest loistoroisto

Photek : Modus Operandi

E-Z Rollers : Weekend world

Jonny L : Magnetic

Omni trio : Even angels cast shadows

Squarepusher . Music is one rotted note

Autechre : Everything they`ve done...

• 19 years later...

Well Good is in the ear of the beholder. . i think this has some good stuff in it. Love the intro power motion buildup on T1, and the 2nd is nice, 3rd has some interesting, 4th is annoying as f. But the deep wide basstuff inside it is ace (rest is like Dumb&Dumber most annoying sound), 5th is more Psytrance than DnB, and the last track is like chillstep. https://kaliearth.bandcamp.com/album/dont-align-my-chakras-hippy-2

Made by a Psytrance producer ....