Indoor vs Outdoor parties

Guest tentwins

In my opinion, outdoor parties rule. I'm not very fond of outdoor parties.

This came across because Infected Mushroom is coming to Mexico and the party is going to be in a club, in which usually house or progressive DJ play and the place sucks.

I've seen IM two times in an open space party and I think and indoor party wouldn't be the same.

Opinions please

Guest Setsuko

outdoor parties are just great ... the sound is different outdoor , you're surrounded by nature , you stamp your feet on mother earth to spread the vibes ☻

but , the weatherconditions aren't always great ... maybe in Megico , but surtainly not on the other side of the ocean (in this case more to the north - Belgium)

i'm realy looking forward to summer and open air festivals .....

imagine a big party in theotihuacan with the energy of the pyramids, the hux flux party will be in theotihuacan but not at the pyramids , club campestre again .

Guest Afghanfan

Indoor doesn't compare to outdoor. It gets too hot. There is never anywhere to go if you just want to totally get away for an hour or so. You're right about the sound setsuko, indoors it is more muffled. It reverbarates of all the walls. Outside it's so crystal clear and spacious. Well summer is only a few months away and there is a party in a club tomorrow. It's still gonna be a hell'uva party!!!

Heres to summer!!!

Peace in

Guest Kakoolalajwal

Yeah yeah, quite interesting topic...

In fact, i think that both formulas are exciting...

Sure an Open-Air Party in December in the middle of the Alps should be a bit freeeeeeeeeeeezed, so going into a club with a nice deco, a good atmosphere, lovely girls and friendly guys is QUITE COOOOL too...

It's like for everything !! There are nice Out-door places, and there are nice Goa-clubs, whereas there are bad places to party outside, and bad clubs...

I've read here that in clubs the sound is not as good as outside...........

Oh oh oh my poors, U should try to go with mushrooms in a club using a quadraphonic system..... He he he when u go back home u just don't remeber your own name !!!

But of course I envoy myself a lot as the beautiful days are slowly coming back....

See Ya !

Guest Ankh4noid

I saw IM @ Docklands, Stockholm in august 2001. The crowd was just to big! You could´nt move/dance the way you felt like. IM is not really the topic here but if the venue is kinda small, then you know what you can expect.

• 7 years later...

I now officailly state that I prefer smaller indoor parties to outdoor festivals. I always said that, but now I finally can back it up with an experience -- the experience of my first outdoor psytrance (and other electronic music) festival!

I went there because Kraftwerk played live (in case if you wonder at what "psy+other music" festival a band as big as Kraftwerk is playing: it was the UAF festival 2009) ... otherwise I'd probably never had gone there. Well, the weather was crappy, real crappy to be honest, but I'm not taking the weather for the reason I didn't like it, that would be naive ... besides the stages were protected from rain. Psytrance stage was inside a circus tent for example. So the weather was not the reason ... also the lineup wasn't crappy, besides Kraftwerk I got to see Penta, Rinkadink and Astrix. So what was it then? I guess I'm just not made for festivals. At four in the morning I got so fed up of all the music, the people, the dancing and all of it that I chose to walk out of there through the dark to a train station in the middle of nowhere where at 05:09 AM a bus would take me home. Seriously, I did it, I was so fed up. The organisation was horrible, the prices too high, the weather too cold to sleep in a tent ... shove it (I mean, I wasnt enraged or anything, in fact I feft with a zen-like smile and with the certainity that I am certainly not amde for this)! I don't wanna go into detail actually. I even missed S-Range, my most beloved psytrance artist (and the second reason why I decided to go, the first was Kraftwerk) ... and people who know me know that this means a freakin' lot! So that's how it was.

Kraftwerk were worth the hassle and all. And fortunately there were very nice people whom I had nice talks with and such ... otherwise I'd have become completely grumpy, which would have been the worst it could get. Still, I'll probably never do that again. Next time such a big festival's around, I'll come by car, go see the headliner or the act I wanna see completely sober and then drive home. Better off with that.

See and that's why I prefer it inddor, in some club in the city. I can come and go when I please, don't need to stay when I don't want, that's how it has to be. And the wonderful underground atmosphere ... dimly lit cellars with bad air and foggy view because of all the smoke, the acoustics so wonderfully cramped ... far better than a big outdoor space with lots of people. Seriously.

I do like outdoor parties when I seldom attend. Only because I have a kid. He travels with me. Indoor parties usually have an age restriction and children in small venues is just not a good idea. Even with ear plugs. I however have attended an indoor barn party once, before my son was born, and it was awesome.

I partly agree with RTP. Indoor parties have there very own charm, and since I moved to the city 1 1/2 years ago, I make use a lot of the advantage of being able to leave whenever I want.

Still I can't say I prefer it indoors. I love them both. My only problem outdoors is that I often go there with as little equipment as possible. I've never taken a sleeping bag nor a tent with me in the past. Hence I've spent lots of nights out in the rainy woods, covered by a backdrop or a kitchen towel, freezing. This year I decided to buy one, though :) Looking forward to spend some warm, cozy festies :P

nice pics Rotwang! where is it from?

Forgotten Ritual, in Switzerland, 2007. The rest of my pics therefrom may be seen here.

I'm all for outdoors as well! As long as it doesn't rain :P well if its hot and it rains its all good!

I dunno, Glade 2007 was a complete washout but I still had a great time. In fact I find that shitty weather somehow brings people together more.

Forgotten Ritual, in Switzerland, 2007. The rest of my pics therefrom may be seen here.

I dunno, Glade 2007 was a complete washout but I still had a great time. In fact I find that shitty weather somehow brings people together more.

Nice pictures man! :)

Well maybe it does bring people more together, I might just be excluded from that lot :( I just feel shitty when I'm cold and wet! It's not the mud, or being wet, it's just bone-crackin-cold that gets to me! Maybe I'm just a pussy, but I pretty much need to be in a tropical country to enjoy being out in rain for longer periods of time!

Nice pictures man!

Thanks!

I just feel shitty when I'm cold and wet! It's not the mud, or being wet, it's just bone-crackin-cold that gets to me! Maybe I'm just a pussy, but I pretty much need to be in a tropical country to enjoy being out in rain for longer periods of time!

Heh, I'm the complete opposite. Can't stand the blazing sun, it just makes me want to crawl under a rock.

e: funny thing I find about getting wet is that there's a threshold level of annoyance at which it peaks, then almost disappears - if I'm making the five minute walk to the shops and it's raining it pisses me off, and if it's raining heavily it pisses me off even more. But when I'm stuck outside for a long time and getting drenched I soon get to the point where I'm not going to get any wetter than I am now and I stop caring.

Outdoors for ever.

Indoors are good only if the music is 100% great, otherwise I don't like them.

In outdoor parties I can appreciate any music much better.

Plus outdoor parties are ideal for most of the psy subgenres especially Goa, Ambient and of course darkpsy.

Nothing like an outdoor rave...

Of course there are a lot of factors like the amount of people, type of people and whether of course.

I don't really like the really crowded festivals we have here in Israel, though I can still really enjoy myself.

50-150 people, open space, good sound equipment, good whether and of course good music and I'm the happiest man alive.