Christmas psy-track?!

Why has nobody done this?

A christmas psy-track, that would be cool.

Some Jinglebells, nice "ho ho ho's" and vocals :)

Maybe a calm track like Silent Night or something. =)

I would love to here that!

So you artists out there, go make it :-)

Guest rx7style

I think that release would be the biggest disgrace in the history of electronic music. Christmas isn't psychedelic, and should have no influence on this genre of music. Yuuuck!

Guest Setsuko

nah :( ... think about it, just imagine you're at a party and al of a sudden you hear the 'jingle bells' tune filtered in a psytrance-track... that's would be awful ...

Guest what???

well, most christmas songs are pretty lame... especially given how over-played they are, and how commercial the entire holiday season has become (with a large portion of the world's economy based upon how much consumers spend during the next few weeks, etc.)

but... stick w/ me here...

a very slow ambient white christmas or silent night could be alright- if done tastefully. white christmas, in fact, was written during the height of world war 2, and was less about having snow on christmas, and more about a dream of peace. which, is rather poignant for today as well.

wait, no, that would be a bad idea. forget about it.

People, people people!

WHy is everybody talking about remixing an existing x-mas track?!

There's no WAY that could be done well!

Why the hell are there NO new x-mas songs? it's like people stopped making them 40 years ago because everybody felt there were already enough!

If there are any artists out there, MAKE SOMETHING! I'm sure somebody could get a cheery, x-masy vibe into a psytrance song

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

Guest what???

and wait. christmas is VERY psychedelic. getting baked and going out to look at the decorations is one of my favorite activies.

as far as psy-christmas tunes, i know what samples to use. has anyone ever heard of the cheech and chong skit where they talk about christmas?

i'll paraphrase here:

cheech: yeah, man, then san-ta would fly around with his reindeers...

chong: wait a minute, how'd he get them reindeer to fly man...

cheech: oooooooooohhhh, he had some magic dust. yeah man, give a little for the reindeer, then a little to santa claus, then a lil more for santa claus, then a little bit more for santa claus.

that's all i can remember, but... it's funny let me tell you.

Guest Elysium Project

I think Christmas is indeed very psychedelic....just think of Santa Claus....if that is not psychedelic then I don't know!!!!!! wow a fat old man in a red dress riding on a sledge pulled by raindears that can fly where one of them has a red shiny nose.....and ontop of all this he can reach the whole world in one night and manage to get down a chimny without getting stuck by his fat belly...... that is indeed psychedelic :-))))))

Guest what???

and he smokes a pipe too.

wait, so does frosty the snowman too. wait, just think about that name for a while: "frosty the snowman"

"...there must have been some magic in that old straw hat they found..."

Guest rx7style

But Kristian... that's not just "Christmas" psychedelia -- ALL childrens stories are VERY strange... How about frosty the snow man? Or maybe the grinch... little red riding hood, they're all childrens stuff. So you can either see it as psychedelic, or just stuff created to entertain children. I don't think psytrance was meant for 5 year olds, but who knows!

Guest Eshanti Brahman

I applaud the "courage" to think new but Christmas songs are straightforward dull and the Christmas-cds released today are just a pathetic attempt to earn money.

speaking of kids: Alice in Wonderland is regarded psychedelic in its own way.

And the story of santa and all christmas personalities could be regarded as a mass-hallucination .....hahaha

Merry Christmas

Happy Hanukkah

Eid Mubarak

Joyful Durga Puja

everybody!

happy NON-GOD for those who aren't religious! hehehe

Guest Mike Indidginus

Rx7,

I have to admit to agreeing with Kristian - Xmas is very psychedelic. All the shiny fairy lights.... far out man... ;)

As for psytrance not being meant for 5 year olds, I don't know... I've got a mental age of about 6 - does that count? ;)