Scary goa?

Just wondering... since people talk about "dark music" played through the night, what exactly do you call this? IMO minimal isn't really "scary" and I never understodd why people call Xenomorph or Diablo scary... don't get me wrong, I can appreciate some minimal and I like Xenomorph, but maybe there's something else out there that's really dark I don't know of?

Guest StoNeY!

yeah, Dark Soho is pretty scary if you ask me...

I think Xenomorph is pretty scary @!#$ too, with all those horror samples and stuff, and it just has this dark atmosphere which I can't really describe.

the scariest music I know is coming from deep swedish forests - check out schlabbaduerst compilations - acts like ka-sol, marchaos, doda hundens kyrka etc.....you can meet evil while listening to some of their tracks.......xenomorph or dark soho is "happy" music if you compare it with these sounds :-))

http://m1.182.telia.com/~u18200010/Schlab.html

Guest psydancer

i actually like some of this scary stuff .. more of a mood thing really .. so could you give me some names .. artist names .. like the swedish stuff cymon was talking baout

I got something scary, it's on a new label from Holland: uphonic-amsterdam, it's a devision of adodisc rec. (I du not know, but wathever). It's called Magus and friends:stepladder.

It's not really what you call goa, it's more minimal or psytek, but very psychadelic and scary.

PLUR

psy604

Uphonic is a restart of adodisc and is based in amsterdam, they've released their firts cd couple of weeks ago and there are two 12" ready to be pressed. Also a new compilation is in the making.

from a mail i got from danyel (one of the founders)

cheers

... I don't know... I know almost everything that was mentioned here, but I don't find anything actually scary... Energetic, hard, harsh -- yes, but scary -- no! Maybe just something wrong with me...

in my opinion....its just not possible for goa to be "scary". dark..yes. but scary?..uh-uh.

if you want scary go listen to skinny puppy.

if you want down right frightening try diamanda galas

if you want absolutely terrifying....listen to the swans albums filth and greed.

the second two are completely undanceable, but very very good. and skinny puppy...well its skinny puppy.

Semsis - Letting Go ....

scary stuff !!

bomble

Guest combeferre

IMHO no psytrance can be scary - how can you be scared when that beat is there all the time to keep you warm and safe? =) What you're looking for is something like some of Zoviet France's darker tracks, this is very minimal ambient music, listen to it alone on a dark night on plenty of acid and see what happens...

lol noope. heh Noma is also scary... it just scares me how bad it is lol. hehe also Space Tribe, that is soooo bad it scares the hell out of me lol. and eh huhuhh Asia 2001, that @!#$ is the scariest of all. eh huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh . . .

I must admit that I do not find any of the music scary!! I find it is just a mood, dark music is for late at night. It is very fast and energetic and effects fly all over the place. I find music to mbe more freaky then scay, and the acts that have done this for me are:

1. Spacecat

2. Psycraft

3. M.O.S4.

4.Psychaos

and there are toher I can't think of.Dark music makes me just wanna dance like crazy where as the light more melodic music is more just for listening.

Mike D :)

Agree with Bomble - Semsis, definitely.

Also both Delta albums, Cydonia's Fear of a Red Planet, and I've said it before but I think Kopfuss Resonator's first album (I haven't heard Slotmachine) is very scary, perhaps the scariest I've heard, because it's not going for that typical horror sound like most, but creeps up on you in a a subtle and scary way. :) EA

Guest Eshanti Brahman

songs that I find "scary" (not really but anyway)

Hallucinogen-Gamma Goblins part 1 and 2,Shaminx

Sandman-the "Withcraft" album

The Delta album

Battle of future Buddhas-Neuroglider

Aqua-Barbie Girl