Posted Image

Artist: Atyss

Title: Lux In Nocte EP

Label: Planet B.E.N. Records

Date: September, 2012

1. Equinox

2. Noctum

"There's no solution here."

You said it I didn't. Geez, I guess my photo hosting service stopped putting restrictions on the size of the jpeg. Could that be any bigger. Some would say I'm compensating and to them I would say shut it.

Atyss in Gregory Morand from France and I'm no the fence with his music. Compilation work? Pretty good, but his album lacked the unbridled fury that I was used to in his tracks. Lux in Nocte is a brief 2 track EP that unfortunately hasn't changed my opinion. At times it moves from powerful music to electronic wanderings. Almost as if it's unsure of it's own identity. It's not acid heavy night time insanity, but neither is it the abrasive and sometimes disjointed dischord of Artifakt. There were parts of each song that I liked, but I wasn't sure how to enjoy it. Do I attempt to dance madly (emphasis on attempt) or do I try to contemplate his tale. So I came away feeling confused. Then I got a headache. After some aspirin I took a dump and played with the kids for awhile.

The middle of Noctum had some potential, but it couldn't maintain the drive. There is real talent here and I hope he can put it together for his next album.

Beatport

Mdk