PharaOm - Tesseract

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: PharaOm

Title: Tesseract

Label: UAF Records

Date: June, 2012

01 - Two Parallel Worlds (138 BPM)

02 - Psychic Vampires (with Baron Samdi) (138 BPM)

03 - Psychokinesis (138 BPM)

04 - Awakening Bodhisattva (Part 2) (138 BPM)

05 - Starseeds (138 BPM)

06 - Tesseract (138 BPM)

07 - Cellar Door (Nova Fractal Timeless Remix) (138 BPM)

08 - Clvmns (Genesis Addict Remix) (138 BPM)

"Everything...emotion, feeling, fear has drained out. And now I'm a cold shell. I'm conscious of things around me now."

Oswald pictured below

Posted Image

He sure does love his weenie!

is releasing his debut full length album on UAF for free. Should be no surprise this partnership continues as he released his first EP Awakening Boddis..Bhodist...Awakening on UAF along with his "alter ego" Baron Samdi EP as well. Now I didn't go to some fancy pants business school, but I do know that your profit margin has to be very low when you give your music away. Maybe the Euro is some magical currency that operates on principles I can't begin to understand. The more likely scenario is that most blue octopi I have cone into contact with don't give a sh*t. Especially the French ones. Not that I'm complaining. He is quite talented to be sure and most likely does this because he loves creating music. Which is how it should be (and unfortunately in this genre has to be). Great for us, but bad for rent.

Two paralell worlds- "I remember reading it somewhere. Each of us has a twin in another world. An identical twin...maybe that woman I saw!"

What an opener! Holy f*ck is it deep and groovy That bass and kick are thunderous! This track has a chip on its shoulder with exaggerated bounce and great sample placement. It undergoes welcome changes but never strays far from its shimmering style. While I wasn't crazy about the key change near the end, that is a minor quibble when the rest of it was so good.

Psychic Vampires- "My teacher left me to my darkest lesson. That in the end we are alone. And there is nothing but the cold dark wasteland of eternity."

See, that's the kind of sh*t you get at community college. This is a track with his Baron Samdi alter ego which is kinda silly cause it's the same guy. Sorry, but it is. He didn't collaborate with him, he is him. Now I didn't care for his Cursed Bloodline EP mainly due to the sound, but this tells a pretty good tale. It's symphonic in a 19th century London gothic horror way with piano riffs and choir pads. Very dark and eerie.

Psychokinesis- This is a thumping good track characterized by a wobbly 303. Tasty! He gets all euphoric with an airy lead and re-introduces that 303 to make sure you didn't forget he makes goa. Damn fine goa.

Awakening Bodhisattva (Part Two)- This is obviously part two of a track from his first EP. It's a fine track with nice melodies, but it didn't stick with me. There seemed to be a lack of depth that was evident in the previous tracks.

Starseeds is light and airy, ideal for those afternoons in the sun. Not intense, just reflective. The sample is somewhat unnerving, but fits well with the track.

Cellar Door (Nova Fractal Timeless Remix)- "Do you know anything about time travel?"

Mother pus bucket this track seems to be everywhere. Call Me Maybe doesn't get these kind of spins. Ah, but there is a reason for that young Paduan. It thumps and at the same time wraps you in a satiny body harness. Unfolding before you with sonic booms and future possibilities. It then kicks into high gear with the shimmery lead treatment. A good tale that flies by.

Tesseract- "There is no God!"

Gonna have to call bullsh*t on that one, miss. The pace is picked up and the melodies are thrust forward. It rages after the sample above picking up some 303 sounds along the way. New leads come in and I'm fully on board. Hear that? That bass is astoundingly clear giving the track a nice bottom end. And I do love a good bottom.

Posted Image

"You promise me you'll erase this, right Freddie?"

Clvmns- With a mid tempo track to wrap up he hits me with a cheesy melody that I'm happy to skip. This one is not gonna find itself in the album closing hall of fame and it does cause me to roll my eyes a bit. I think a moody downtempo track would've been the cherry on a chocolate cake of an album. But he gave you his hard work for free so beggars can't be choosers.

The sounds in this album are very crisp with the leads twinkling nicely above warm basses. Power was not sacrificed in any way so kudos to you Keamia for a fine mastering job. The cover art is beautiful in every aspect so congrats to Oswald and Ivan. What you get is another goa trance album that was very enjoyable to listen to. For free. While not being in the upper echelon of goa trance albums, my hat is off to you Oswald for making a pretty good one. Good stuff sir.

Free at Ektoplazm

Mdk

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

First time hearing this now. I must say wow, what pleasant surprise.

Tesseract is dark, mystical, fantasy-oriented, atmospheric, imaginative, and encompasses a healthy amount of catchy sound/melody work. It's a beautiful release with moments of power, sadness, inspiration, love, strength and freedom. The songs are never too long or drawn out, but tight!

Stream the full thing here. It's free to download thanks to Ektoplazm.

Download link: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/pharaom-tesseract

• 4 weeks later...