Chaotic Synthetics - Transuniverse Express (2011)

Specter

Cover and name made me check this one out and I'm glad I did. Reminds me of some other projects, like Cybernetika and Fractal Glider but generally still unique. Love the ultra thick dark cyberpunk-esque atmospheres and groove, the basslines work wonders.This is well produced darker psytrance but not darkpsy per-se. A little surprised it was free. At least why not try to get it on ektoplazm? I'd like more people to hear this. :)

Highlights: Nucleogenesis, Crystal Silence, Midnight Inspector, Comatose, Twilight Zone, Storm, Endless Universe(Great ender, I'd like to hear more of this kind of laid back style)

Though I must mention that the little stutters on the first half of Double Trouble are super distracting and sound like my player is skipping, doesn't work well as an effect honestly and they take away from an otherwisely good track.

hi Penzoline,

Thanks for the constructive comment :)

About Ektoplazm... I contacted Basilisk, but a bit too late. He's having a long break from all that stuff right now. In near future he will only add releases that are already checked and uploaded, or something like that.

By the way, it was me asking you in PM if you would like to make another cover art. That's the album i was talking about :)

Very good release. It immediately reminded me of Cybernetika's works, with some MFG and 16-bit Sega Genesis shoot 'em ups :-) = pretty unique sound I'd say. I really love the dark, dark, dark outer space atmosphere. OMG it's really dark. If the xenomorphs from the "Alien" movie series would dance in their spare time, I think this would be the soundtrack they'd rave to.

haha, thanks, ion1zed :)

We never thought about our music as dark psytrance, but as you both guys noticed it still is somehow dark. What we surely tried to make was the non-pop sound and feeling. I think most of the "darkness" comes from the melodies, and yes, of course, the dark-dark outer space is where we brought them from :) together with xenomorphs' greetings

• 2 weeks later...