Date: May, 2011

01. Planet Number 12 (6:53)

02. Human History (7:56)

03. Annunaki (8:10)

04. Wars Of The Gods (8:49)

05. Scientific Mechanism (7:23)

06. Time And Gravity (9:37)

07. Inspired Brains (6:45)

I've buried myself in a bunch of old school goa trance for awhile now so I can reacquaint myself with how awesome it was. Every now and then though I poke my head up to see what is going on today. Hmmm... another release from UAF? Interesting. Run by Imba (Psynews personality and Facebook friend) this netlabel has supplied our scene with some fantastic goa trance. You can argue all you want as to whether it should be mastered better, but not me...I'm a lover not a fighter. Besides, it is free and has always been free. Between Neogoa and UAF so much quality goa trance has been given away, we should all have permanent smiles on our faces.

Posted Image

Trinodia is Daniel Eldström and this is his 2nd release on UAF. His first release was called Unknown Space and it didn't thrill me. It wasn't bad, but it didn't make me want to take the time to write a review. I was expecting rip roaring goa trance and it just wasn't there. It just...was. Well I'm here to tell you, this is a different situation entirely. My main man Ivan is responsible for the artwork and it suits the contents perfectly. That guy is such a giver.

Planet Number 12- "They mean maybe, the unknown planet, but it is also the 10th planet. That they call it Nibiru which means planet of the crossing. And the ancient symbol was the cross. Not from Christian times, but from 6000 years ago. And they say this planet...the 12th member of our solar system has a very large orbit of 3600 years and every 3600 years it comes between Mars and Jupiter, close to us."

F*ck, there's 12 planets now? I haven't been in school for awhile, but I'm pretty sure I had this fact memorized. Wow, I was not expecting this. Strong beat and very atmospheric pads reaching deep into space with a sample about the 12th planet starts the track off, and then those pads get chopped up, keeping with the rhythm. More leads trickle in giving the track some backbone and this becomes a lesson in very effective layering. Just beautiful.

Human History- "Looking at human history we can't see very far. Because human history is a chaotic thing. Small changes...have big results. Unpredictable in direction. But if we're looking at something that is essentially simple, such as stars and galaxies and things like that then it is possible to look far, far, ahead."

Please, you can't tell me this doesn't reek of old school X-dream flavor. I won't hear of it. Layers and more layers with dance friendly melodies? Sign me up. The lead darts this way and that scorching everything it touches as it climbs higher and higher. When undercurrent leads creep in it adds to the mystical atmosphere letting the track breathe. After the break that sample is spoken and the track begins to regenerate on its way to a final climax. Building, just like the masters did. Bravo sir, bravo.

Annunaki- Do you know the story of the Annunaki? Weird stuff, let me tell you. With a crystal clear bass line and filtered leads the track starts immediately and it twists like the best roller coaster. Man, he has found his groove with switchhing of synth sounds as this is a pure dance tune. The melody is catchy and an all around good time keeping with the mystical theme. Good stuff.

Wars of The Gods- "Long before man warred with man, the Gods battled among themselves. Indeed it was the wars of the Gods that the wars of man began. And the wars of the Gods for control of this Earth had begun on their own planet. It was thus that mankind's first civilization succumbed to a nuclear holocaust. This is fact...not fiction. And it has all been written down a long time ago."

The first bits are just your basic run of the mill full on, but of course it doesn't stay that way. Warm synths dance the dance of the deity, and after 3 minutes or so the layers start to pile on. The pads maintain the godlike appearance of heaven as they float high above. He takes a simple almost novice sounding melody and then combines it with another synth and slightly detunes it to give it some color. His transitions are pretty smooth with flawless introduction of new melodies that doesn't sound forced. Very good tune.

Scientific Mechanism- "Science doesn't purvey absolute truth. Science is a mechanism. It is a way of trying to improve your knowledge of nature. It is a system for testing your thoughts against the universe, and seeing whether they match. And this works for not just the ordinary aspect of science, but for all of life. I should think people would want to know if what they know is truly what the universe is like."

Man he's got some deep samples. And melodies to go with it as this one snakes about in the scale we love so much. Don't press me for which scale that is...I don't know it, but I know it when I hear it. Pure goa, with beautiful layers. I would imagine the sunshine this emits is brighter in space. Another superb track.

Time and Gravity- "They are able to manipulate time which is something we have been very much aware of for a couple of decades at NASA is that gravity slows down time. In contrast to what we normally think of is 60 sec, a minute, and so on there is no constant reativel to that except in one place in terms of the gravity. In other words..."

Get to the point Poindexter. That's why scientists are usually not good public speakers. Oh wait hold up, he's not done..."blah blah blah"

Once the melodies get underway, the leads again layer very well twisting, twisting like that Chubby Checker song. Do you guys even know who that is? Hello, is this thing on? Regardless this has a real old school feel where he just lets the melody line develop and play and that in itself induces the trance. If you didn't follow what I'm saying, it's not because you're stupid. You may be, but really it's because I'm full of sh*t.

Inspired Brains- "As computers take over...more and more of the work that human beings shouldn't be doing in the first place...because it doesn't utilize their brain...It bores them to death. There's literally nothing left for human beings to do but the more creative types of endeavors."

Like...ummm working the drive thru at the McDonalds? I wonder what the weeding out process is. Really I do. I mean, people they have pictures of the food on the register. You don't have to be able to pronounce or even read. Just push and go.

This doesn't really get cracking until the 2 and a half minute mark but it's worth the wait. Trippy leads spiral amongst each other, scraping the low cloud cover. Wow, that lead screeches like I just drop kicked a cat down the stairs.

Posted Image

Well, I guess cats don't always land on their feet. No kitties were harmed in this video. See now PETA can't f*ck with me. Again. Another cracker of a track that puts it all together.

Wow, that was a super trip. He says that he has been working on this for a year, and it shows. Very danceable, with space defying melodies and beautiful song construction. His technique has improved and this could've been a Cd bought on Saiko. The theme is outer space and the mystical which he follows to a T. I don't know what they did differently, but it sounds really good on the 'ol headphones. Is it a little loud? Maybe, but when the tunes are this good, I want the block to hear me.

Ektoplazm...go get it!

Mdk

the samples are intrusive and way too long.

I found the samples non intrusive. They were in the beginning to set up what he was trying to create and when they appeared in the break they fit right in. Not too loud or dominating the track. Were they long, yeah some of them were I even alluded to it in one of the tracks. Still, it didn't take away from the music for me.

Mdk

A really good release. Annunaki is an instant favourite. Been playing this in tandem with the artifact303 album which has been pretty much all i have listened to in the last two weeks.

Kudos to the artist, UAF and ektoplasm for making this freely available whereas it could have easily been pressed on CD for sale on saikosounds.

A really good release. Annunaki is an instant favourite. Been playing this in tandem with the artifact303 album which has been pretty much all i have listened to in the last two weeks.

Kudos to the artist, UAF and ektoplasm for making this freely available whereas it could have easily been pressed on CD for sale on saikosounds.

Then fans should donate artist and sort some CD if he is interested, i just work with free music :)

Human History is conceptual album and thoose long samples are there to introduce you themes like ancient Summer, their gods Annunaki's and their supreme technology. Basicly it's all about Zecharia Sitchin's (speech in 1st track) & Ancient aliens theories.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to this on repeat all morning, what a nice piece of work. Production, storytelling and flow. My favorite being Human History itself, very groovy indeed. Well played dude.