Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Lost Buddha

Title: Ataraxia EP

Label: Metaphysic Records

Date: October, 2006

1. Ataraxia

2. Southern Oracle

This guy is all over the place. Either he needs some schizophrenic meds fast or he just has a lot to offer. Filipe Santos aka Lost Buddha, aka Amithaba Buddha, aka Pandemonium! aka Rama, aka Bit-Head...whew! When I first discovered his music on beatbiz, I was surprised at its power and intensity. He takes rich melodic goa trance and infuses it with adrenaline that moves you. This is his first release I believe. As you can see by his aliases he goes on but the same cannot be said for poor Metaphysic Records that folded soon after the release of the Mindphere album.

"Ataraxia"- "If you want a job done right, I have to do it!" This one is steeped in the goa feel and all its reverberating glory. The melodies drip with sunshine shining like a searchlight, once again moving in and out. The break only drops the beat as the mysticism continues. Each lead has its own sound, making it more distinctive as if they are all actors in a play. This is high power that leads to a spiritual high. Superb.

"Southern Oracle"- This track was also featured on the GOlden Vibes and the State of Spirit compilations. Once again or maybe I should stay still he wastes no time with long intros. The beat starts immediately followed closely by the melodies that arc skyward in ever widening spirals. Shortly, there are some intricate Nitzho melodies which really get the blood pumping. Just non-stop motion. Love it. :D

What I like about his music is the detail and the melodies of course. Super lush and very complicated arrangements. Or at least it seems complicated to me. Once his tracks get going, there is no stopping until the end. Even his breaks only provide a brief respite. He introduces his melodies and instead of stopping, they seem to flow into the next series which gives his tracks continuity. I believe this is some of the best new school goa made and am glad I have this EP. Highly recommended.

I wouldn't even know where to get this now, but he is a member on this forum, so email him and he will tell ya. ;)

Mdk

I must agree that this release is one of the best new nitzhonot goa releases. Southern Oracle is so rich in melodies, and I played it in several DJ performances.

Just one small correction @Trance2MoveU, the label was named Metapsychic records, not metaphysic :)