PSYNEWS BEST OF 2009 RESULTS

mars

Hello

Here are PSYNEWS' 2009 BEST OF RESULTS.

The results can be found here:

http://www.psynews.org:2010/bestof/public/results.jsf?sid=1

There are no fancy barcharts like last year, but that may be for a later vote :)

The best 10 of each category are copied below (for the complete ranking, check the link above):

Best Psy/Uptempo Albums

1 Filteria - Daze of Our Lives Suntrip

2 E-Mantra - Arcana Suntrip

3 Blue Planet Corporation - A Blueprint for Survival DAT

4 Afgin - Astral Experience Suntrip

5 Fragletrollet - Playground of Spirit Shaman Films

6 Merr0w - Born Underwater Suntrip

7 Psykovsky - Da Budet Tantrum

8 Principles of Flight - Chaos Opera Timecode

9 Radical Distortion - Psychedelic Dreams Suntrip

10 Atriohm and Encephalopaticys - Ukalen Parvati

Best Psy/Uptempo Compils

1 VA - People Walk Funny Cronomi

2 VA - Nitz-Ho-Goa Sita

3 VA - Yggdrasounds II Yggdrasil

4 VA - Temple of One Glowing Flame

5 VA - Forest Frequencies Lost Theory

6 VA - Permutations Vol.2 - Compiled by Sensient Zenon

7 VA - Alternative Colours Ezel-Ebed

8 VA - Suncokreti Ultiva

9 VA - Gungfly Sanaton

10 VA - Small Talk - Compiled by Sensient Zenon

Best Ambient/Downtempo Albums

1 Solar Fields - Movements Ultimae

2 Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland Twisted

3 Aes Dana - Leylines Ultimae

4 Cell - Hanging Masses Ultimae

5 H.U.V.A.Network - Ephemeris Ultimae

6 Yagya - Rigning Sending Orbs

7 Yggdrasil - Prose Edda Digital Psionics

8 Bluetech - The Divine Invasion Aleph Zero

9 Ocelot - One Avatar

10 Ambientium - Fractal Philosophy Kahvi

Best Ambient/Downtempo Compils

1 VA - Imaginary Friends Ultimae

2 VA - Air - Compiled by DJ Zen (Limited Edition) Altar

3 VA - Water - Compiled by DJ Zen (Limited Edition) Altar

4 VA - Hope Fluid Audio

5 VA - Fire - Compiled by DJ Zen (Limited Edition) Altar

6 VA - Vampire Sunrise Celestial Dragon

7 VA - Natural Born Chillers 2 Aleph Zero

8 VA - Tribal Matrix 2 Dakini

9 VA - EA Games Soundtrack - Mirror's Edge Original Videogame Score E.A.R.S

10 VA - Chilling Cuts Vol.4 - Compiled by Sundial Aeon Flow

Thanks for your participation!

True winner in the uptempo category is the People Walk Funny though...14 individual votes compared to 7 for Sita.

I didn't participate to the contest because my general knowledge of Psytrance is far too limited, and I didn't want to make a list containing solely CD's from the 5 newschool labels that were active this year.

However it's really cool to see that people did enjoy the Nitzhogoa music. Let's hope the second compilation will be able to keep the same level...more info soon :) .

hello to all...

i want say a one major big thanks to the pepole & crowd who followed & support my music by the years,and for voting for my music in this Best of psynews 2009,i'm totally Appreciate that...thank you pepole :)

also i want to thanks the pepole who incharged of making this Best of psynews,for their efforts & their great work :)

all in all,i wish all the best to all the artists/Dj's in their work/making/produce music now and in the future... :)

Thank you all...and see ya around :)

Elad afgin

Congrats to winners and organizers! I'm not satisfied, because there are only 5 "heavier" albums in the first 20 (fragletrollet, psykovsky, atriohm and encephalopaticys, enichkin, cpc), but I know that psynews is controlled by goaheads ;) And i have to admit, that there is many good goa and fullon on the list - FILTERIA RULEZ!

N <= 39; small sample size inhibits the results. At least there was weighting in the poll (something I wasn't able to do). Results are still as one would expect. Thanks to Mars for running it :) maybe next year I will vote!

I don't know how many users are registered on psynews, but eg. 39 users voting for best psytrance album on the psytrance forum seems to be so small amount of people...

Nice to see the results.. :)

and yeah some of the result were rather predictable.. somehow it's always a suntrip release ending up as number one :P but 5 suntrip in the top 10 up-tempo album category.. was maybe more than I would have thought possible, biased voters?! Hahah, but yeah I guess this is a site with lots of fan-boys :P

but it's really nice that there are so many categories this year.. a great improvement! Nice work Mars!

Shame E-Mantra and Shpongle didn't win, but nice results indeed.

Yeah Shpongle not being #1 is a bit of surprise, considering how many worshipers he has. The right album won though IMO. Top 2 are exactly how I rated them :)

Glad Fraggletrollet made it so high on the Trance chart. Was my favorite of the year, and definitely the most original thing I heard. The rest of my top 5 didn't even make the list.

I am hardcore Mr. Godford fan.

But am very happy to see Solar Fields is number one, especially after a very psychedelic experience listening to the Movements album just two nights ago.

And good to see the Ultimae massive.

ps: I didn't get to vote on this.

Nice to see my two expected winners in downtempo and uptempo to be the actual winners :D

About the massive suntrip pwnage, it's just a fact that most of the top-notch newschool comes from them, although I guess releases like the one from liquid flow should be a bit higher in the charts. Still, filteria, e-mantra and radical distortion deserve to be up there, haven't heard the other suntrip releases. Daze of our lives is just a sonic bomb.

Also pleased with Fragletrollet being so high up, I really really like his style, though a bit harder, very original.

Thanks to mars and all the artists for the hard work, keep 'em coming ;)

N <= 39; small sample size inhibits the results.

Taht's right. I'll need to better advertise the thing in the next votes (best of 2000's coming up soon).

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work Mars!

I will suggest the next time to PM the members for the oncoming poll, like isra does it.

Very good idea.

Yesterday night I finished my meta-script that will hopefully import all 200x releases in the bestof database, so we can try your idea before voting for the decade.

I just hope I have the right function to osend a PM to everyone on this board...i'll check.