Posted Image

bpm: 126-140

style:

- Cold

- Slow bouncy baselines

- Lots of (tribal) percussion

- Only subtle melodies

The start is a little housy, but after Tegma it gets more serious

(Necton :wub:) so be sure to check out the last couple tracks.

Download: Rapid Share (256kbps)

Tracklist:

01.[00:00] The Aircrash Bureau - Power Surpassed [Dragonfly]

02.[05:45] Fishead - Autorock (3rd Movement Rmx) [Avalanche]

03.[11:14] Kooler - Freefall [Dragonfly]

04.[14:33] Zen Lemonade - Brazil Mon Amour [Dragonfly]

05.[20:12] Neum - Tequila Sunrise [MIDIJUM]

06.[24:58] Atmos - Catch Form Scratch [spiral Trax]

07.[29:47] Tegma - Drums of Africa [Tribal Vision]

08.[37:34] Ticon - Lo-Mi-Hi [Dragonfly]

09.[44:51] SBK - Rumtreiber [spirit Zone]

10.[48:15] Morganixx - Witwe Bolte [MIDIJUM]

11.[54:03] Necton - Bob On Acid [ACDC]

12.[61:05] Antoine - Flashback [spiral Trax]

13.[63:52] Necton - This Is Wierd [ACDC]

14.[69:52] Shaman - Supah Dupah [Natraj Temple]

15.[76:12] MOS - Zugstufe [Rubicon]

• 11 months later...

Thanks PRS for mentioning this in your "F***,it's getting dark fast" thread. While that mix was too fast for me, this one suits my mood just perfect. This has a tribal feel to it due to the distinct percussion of many tracks. It progresses well and gathers energy mid way and finishes off with an awesome track with tribal beats and acid sound. I liked your choice of tunes for the opening and closing of the set. Tegma - Drums of Africa emphasizes the mood mid way.

I thought all tracks were good with smooth mixing and there is no filler material here. If I had to choose my absolute favorites they would be 1,7,15. I listened to this twice back to back. :)

If I had to critic anything, it would be the title and cover art. I didn't get a feeling of being transported to a cold place with icy landscape. :P

P.S. Thanks for mentioning the time period of each track coz it makes it easy to identify what is playing when.

Not bad, but I felt slightly disappointed after listening. The tracks were good and the mixing and flow were both solid but I felt like you never really progressed as far as I would have liked. The energy was sorta flatlined for the entire set, and you never really escalated to a really awesome point. The Drums of Africa track definitely put things in motion a little more, but you never brought the energy past what that track offered, which sorta bummed me out. In fact, the energy dropped instead of rose. It was a good mix, but I felt like you could have done more to bring the set around full circle by the end. Thanks for the music anyways.

yeah, it's not the best... i always was kinda disappointed with this one after a couple of listens (although i think the second half is pretty spicy).

Psy prog is just not what i would like it to be, i mean these early tracks are just worse than the good house and techno out there and harder to really mix as well. And the later tracks are really solid, but don't allow for much variation (this is true for most of the psy genres i'm afraid). Let's just say there's not enough to choose from at the low bpm's in psytrance, and i could have chosen better of course.

also the cover really sucks (it's my first, so w/e :) ).

thanks for being honest, you are totally right.