Goe - Alien Breeze (Psychedelic System Records)

psytones

Rating  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Your rating of the album

• 1 (Worst)
    • 10 (Best)

GOE - Alien Breeze (Psychedelic System Records) 2009 (PSYSYS003)

Posted Image

1 Alien Mindworms (8:45)

2 High Voltage (8:05)

3 Indamix (7:08)

4 Littlzis (7:07)

5 Futurepop (8:12)

6 Hyperion (7:33)

7 Centuria (8:36)

8 Donar (7:30)

9 Shakya (7:49)

10 Intentions (8:00)

Review from isratrance.com:

Lukas Keller from Switzerland started his project GOE in 1999 after an inspirational trip to Goa, India. He now produces uplifting full-on trance. In the summer of 2003 he performed his first live act and he now keeps on pushing the party people, where to, I don’t know.

This album is one of many contributions to the full-on trance trend, and it has a pleasant production with vocals that I suspect can have some effects worth checking out if you’re into stuff like that. The BPMs all flow in 144 except the last track, Intentions, which lowers it to 140. 'Intentions' is definitely the best track on the album because it indulges in more variation and melodies that sort of smell complex, and the choruses and glass sounds are more than welcome in an overall generic party album for the clubbers of mainstream fool-on. I do feel that the album-art made by Lukas himself is very pleasant, simple and cute, which in respect reflects the content perfectly. It might not be very complex overall, but it has a certain charm that can please lovers of this party genre.

The first track, Alien Mindworms, is also one that almost makes me and my personal taste happy as it starts out strong and interesting with sounds and psychedelic atmospheres that are really nice and promises something fresh. As the album spins you will hear that its theme is uplifting full-on with enough voice samples that either will make you push eject, or make you love it. There’s also some simple and maybe over the edge of melodic cheesiness scattered around covered in lifts well known for this genre. As mentioned the production is strong with powerful kicks and basslines that sound cool but falls in the generic bin. Sometimes it also offers funky grooves with swirling climaxes in outer space atmospheres, which is to be expected because of the cute aliens that are present on the cover-art.

Recomendation: Over the years Goe's music became trendier and improved in quality. The sounds are indeed sharp and sugar sweet, but unfortunately in my opinion the sound is way too simple and empty. In retrospect though, Lukas did the entire job by himself on the album and he is also the man behind the artwork which like the music inside, is simple with one fresh colour. So what’s the problem with this release? Well, for me it’s about the mainstream candy-rave vibe present. All in all this is banging stuff, but not my cup of acid at all.

Favorite tracks: 1, 10.

The original unpolished review on PsytonesMusic:

Posted Image

The promotion text reads that Lukas Keller from Switzerland started his project GOE in 1999 after an inspirational trip to Goa, India. He now produces uplifting Full-On trance for the crazed party goers with solarium tanned appearance and obscure face twitches. In the summer of 2003 he performed his first live act and he now keeps on pushing the party people, where, I don’t know. This album is one of many contributions to the Full-On trend, and it has a pleasant plastic like production with housie-trance vocals that I suspect can have some kind of effect worth checking out if you like stuff like that. The BPM’s all flow in 144 except the last track which lowers it to 140.

The 140 track (T10) is defiantly the best track on Alien Breeze because it for me indulges in more variation and melodies that almost smell complex, and the choruses and glass sounds are more than welcome in an overall generic party album for the clubbers of Fool-on. I do feel that the album-art made by Lukas himself is very pleasant, simple and cute, which in respect reflects the content perfectly. It might not be very complex overall, but it has a certain charm that can please lovers of this party genre.

The first track (T1) is also one that almost makes me and my personal taste happy as it starts out strong and interesting with sounds and psychedelic atmospheres that are really nice and promises something fresh and trippy, but it ultimately manages to fail big time as it progresses into dead brain cells. As the album spins through its musical torment you will hear that its theme is uplifting Full-On with enough distorted voice samples to either make you turn it off and shiver of its thought, or love it while popping another pill. There’s also some very simple and maybe on the edge of bathing in cheesiness melodies scattered around covered in lifts well known from this empty genre. As mentioned the production is strong with powerful kicks and basslines that sounds cool but falls in the generic bin. Sometimes it offers funky grooves with swirling climaxes in outer space atmospheres.

Ok so what’s the problem with this release? Well for me it’s about the mainstream candy-raver vibes present

- So all in all this is banging stuff but defiently not my cup of acid.

Some kind of track description:

the tenth and final tracks starts out dreamy with glass sound only to get a lift with some Eskimo like effects and it introduces some falling and raising sounds followed by water like noise and BB-guns shooting in space. And the classic generic Full-On thing makes a comeback with a space like background. Then some beautiful choruses join the glass-play that seems to have the most complex melodies to it on this album even though it’s still very simple. But since the whole album has been a sort of a major drag, it feels very advanced.

Recommendation: Over the years GOE’s music became trendier and improved in quality. The sounds are indeed sharp and sugar sweet, but unfortunately in my opinion the sound is way too simple and empty. In retrospect though, Lukas did the entire job by himself on the album and he is also the man behind the artwork which like the music inside, is cute and simple with one fresh colour, lime green. Alien Breeze Is definitely energetic Full-On music for the über candy-ravers, so if you’re into that stuff, you might just like the music with its horrid over use of voice samples.

Lukas is said to love his musical activity as artistic diversion to his everyday life. Further promotion reads, and this becomes irritatingly interesting; ‘he skillfully combines his classical instrumental education with the mathematical sound production to generate harmonious arrangements and to program subtle sounds’, which sounds like hogwash to me. And it follows that ‘The high-standing result convinces by a fresh and sophisticated interpretation of Psychedelic trance’. Now the word ‘interpretation’ is interesting, it means that something is not immediately obvious. So if this album has special powers, it’s way beyond me. The usage of over praising promotion text, written by Record label or the Artist him/her self, like in this case, is so retarded I don’t even know where to start. And the fact that the Record label is named Psychedelic System Records feels like blasphemy to me, same with the intrusive usage of the word ‘psychedelic’ here and there, as if it’s such a cool term that they just have to abuse and insult its power. What can I say? I think this album and surroundings sound and smell like pure crap in a crisp and lime-fresh wrapping.

Favorite tracks: None, but if I would be forced to point out the best of the worste, it would be the first and last track.

Where to buy and other links:

DiscoGOEg's: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Goe

MyGOEspace: http://www.myspace.com/goe2000

PS Records: http://www.psychedelic-system.com

Saikosounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=7949

More crappy reviews: http://www.myspace.com/psytonesmusic

Original review on Isratrance.com: http://www.isratrance.com/cd-reviews/goe-alien-breeze-d1087.html