stryder - bengali sunrise - chillout mix

frozen dream

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bumpin' it again, nobody downloaded and found it good/bad enough to reply??

in this mix are massive chillout tracks by: Ott, Oforia, Infected Mushroom, Bluetech (many!), Yoko Kanno, etc... and a mighty exclusive by Uth!

Grab the mix here! (and since that host seems down, grab it on megaupload)

bumpin' it again, nobody downloaded and found it good/bad enough to reply?

There are plenty of mixes out there. Usually I start with those with a track listing. After all, I'm trying to discover music, not to hire a mystery DJ. You are an avid supporter of revealing track names too, right?

Anyway, today I listened to this one at work. I have comments, but I'll keep them secret for a while.

Faggotry is so out of fashion.

So, I listened to this again in free time and better playback.

From the title, I was expecting more ethnic and slow stuff. Therefore the first half worked better for me than some of the electro-acid-4/4 beat tracks of the second half.

The transitions were, let's say, quite hectic. The mix changes quickly from one style and tempo to another. Some like it that way to keep things interesting, I tend to build my downbeat mixes with more continuity and slower changes. What works, depends on the situation and audience so I won't force people do it one way or the other. It's easier to rate these things if people share a word or two about their goals.

There are indeed big tunes in the selection. I already had Rogue Bagel checked for my next "best of" home mix. That's how much I like it. (Looks like that mix is ultimately going to be slower, though.)

I think effect buttons are better left alone, but that's my personal allergy coming from certain sessions where people overused them vastly, typically drunk...

I'll definitely keep this mix, and keep it safe. New ones are also welcome. (with listings :rolleyes: )

hey i didn't touch teh flanger that much now did I? I can only remember yanking it a few times very shortly :P

maybe it was the flanger in the tracks themselves? :P

I'll post the tracklist soon (as soon as I pieced it together again) and a follow-up is being cooked!

thx for input!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thx Klas!

The final track of this mix is getting released tomorrow! (Uth - Around the Sun in 7 days)

find out all about it here: http://www.psynews.o...ar-recs-arcd03/ or here: http://www.altar-records.com/fire.html

wouldn't it be nice if you got your first release along with artists such as Asura, Aes Dana, Ra, only being 15 years old B)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...