Black Dog - Further Vexations: other's reviews & AMAZING! video

OMG! Search reveals not one single mention of Black Dog ??!! How can this be?

Well, I guess they are really not exactly "psychedelic trance", so OK... but close enough that alot of their output ought to totally float many peoples' boats here.

So, this is not a review, yet, from me, as I have yet to aquire this, but soon very soon. Are we allowed to post "intents to review" posts in this forum?

Anyway, lessee.. first the record:

The Black Dog - Further Vexations 27/04/09

We are pleased to announce that our latest album is being mastered and will drop on 09/04/09 on Soma. More news, website and samples to follow.

The Black Dog - Further Vexations

1. Biomantric L-if-e

2. 0093

3. Phil: Because Ov, indeed

4. You’re Only SQL

5. We Are Haunted

6. CCTV Nation

7. Stempel

8. Northern Electronic Soul [Part 1]

9. Northern Electronic Soul [Part 2]

10. Northern Electronic Soul [Part 3]

11. Skin Clock

12. Dada Mindstab

13. Tunnels Ov Set

14. Later Vexations

15. Kissing Someone Else’s D.O.G

http://www.furthervexations.com

"Further Vexations" At Your Favourite D/L Store

Beatport

Juno Download

Bleep

Soma Records

Amazon

Now, CHECK....THIS...OUT!!!

This 15m video is so damned cool it is scary! Truly jaw-dropping!!!

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2009/04/...ther-vexations/

'This is a short movie with made with roughcollie.tv to promote our album and further investigate working with visual artists.'

KILGORETROUT: The musical and video changes that happen around 6:50-7:00 are so incredibly beautiful they gave me chills! It will blow you away.

Further Vexations Releases Reviews/Quotes [EXCERPTS]

Check out all the latest reviews and quotes on our new release on this one single post, we’ll be posting the good, the bad and the ugly here for everyone to read.

“…this Black Dog album may be clubbier but it’s right up there with the English School of Electronics.” Groove Magazine

“Not mincing words, Further Vexations ranks among the great UK electronic albums.” Album Of The Month - Update Magazine

“…yet again…there’s more bite to their bark than expected.” Album Of The Month - DJ Magazine

0093 is excellent! Indeed very Berlin. Technasia

0093 (Berlin mix) is the kind of track that shows the strength of the Black Dog. A spaced out epic techno track that tells a complete story taking the music beyond the floor and into the imagination. Dan Curtin

Love The Black Dog, they never fail to impress. Meat Katie

Oh man. This is right up my alley. Dark, interesting, beautiful and driving stuff. All three are very lovely. I’m going to be rocking ‘0093 (Berlin Mix)’ and ‘You’re Only SQL (BCN Mix)’ like mad! Let’s Go Outside

Update Magazine - Further Vexations - Album Of The Month

After the cerebral trampoline of last year’s Radio Scarecrow, The Black Dog humped a punishing gigging schedule which has galvanised them into a more floor-friendly follow-up, but with an underlying message attacking increasingly-Orwellian Government tactics and public complacency at how our lives are monitored and controlled. This punk-style discontent manifests in the pressure cooker grooves underpinning piledriving tech-kneesups like ’0093? and ‘We Are Haunted’, the mix of boiling anger in the complex rhythms and spatial beauty of the strings often recalling Underground Resistance.

Seething emotions soar in tracks like ‘Stempel’ and ‘CCTV Nation’, the pounding grooves and intertwining textures swelling into glorious meteor-storms of rafter-swinging proportions which sometimes manage to enter the realms of avant classical. ‘You’re Only SQL’ carves a monolithic acid-funk path slashed with eerie strings and ‘Tunnels Ov Set’ hammers a slo-mo industrial dub-crash soundscape which closes the album on a suitably-ominous note. The timeless Dog have produced a work of astounding vision, terrible beauty and merciless dancefloor carnage, cocking a leg to techno glory once more but squirting out possibly their most complete work yet. Not mincing words, Further Vexations ranks among the great UK electronic albums.