psy breakbeat

dvnt

well... i've heard a few mixes by morlack of psyshop.com on di.fm with psy break tunes. wondering what artists tracks cds mixsets etc... there are dealing with psy breaks.

i'm a breakbeat dj, and whilst my style covers prog, dub, funky, nu-skool, n heavy breaks, i really wanna add a psy feel to some of my mixes.

what artists etc. produce them.

cheers for any help links files etc...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are bunch of old Matsuri compilations that consist lots of breakbeat trance songs. Sympathy In Chaos 1 & 2, Resonance Mood had some, Forever Psychedelic compilation and few more from Matsuri.Seb Taylor aka Shakta made pretty mellow freestyle breakbeat trance album as Digitalis - The Third State. Beside that, I don't know any other psy artists that deal with such crossover...

psybreaks

the nam shub of enki (all 3 albums) (crazy shit!!)

acid rockers - mind set (blue room)

el africa - drum'n bass - (microdot records)

psytrance cd with some really good psybreaks tracks :

eraser vs yöjalka - round one (exogenic records)

eraser vs yöjalka - 12" (exogenic records)

texas faggott (psy - harmonics records)

kiwa - dreamtime enchanger (surreal audio records)

pelinpala - my cd has landed on the ..... (demon tea records)

joujouka : re -sei

exogenic started with a psy break division : http://www.exogenicbreaks.com

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/53468/forum/8

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/31673/forum/1

... and then there is "V/A - Broken" from Timecode rec. Insane stuff if I may say so!!  :)

218368[/snapback]

That's right! Get this release for some Dark Psy-BreakBeat stuff!

Check out some Super Skunk tracks too

Nowhere does it say that Exogenic Breaks is dedicated to psy breaks.

218492[/snapback]

So??

When you look up the exogenic label info it doesn't say a thing about psychedelic trance either.

To be more correct : Exogenic Breaks Records : for beats, breaks, drum & bass, jazz and anything else that might tickle their fancy.

So??

When you look up the exogenic label info it doesn't say a thing about psychedelic trance either.

To be more correct : Exogenic Breaks Records :  for beats, breaks, drum & bass, jazz and anything else that might tickle their fancy.

218538[/snapback]

So you're using the fact that it doesn't mention psy breaks as evidence that it is dedicated to psy breaks? For someone who doesn't go by just the website and has actually listened to the stuff it is quite obvious that the lable isn't just about psybreaks. People put the "psy" there just because Exogenic has released psytrance and therefore everything they release is psy in their minds.

my fav psy breakbeat track would be Midi Miliz - Antistat

218250[/snapback]

yea i have now heard this. nice nice nice. what album etc.. does Midi Miliz have anything else out, coming out etc... got any more info on that one.

That's right! Get this release for some Dark Psy-BreakBeat stuff!

Check out some Super Skunk tracks too

218536[/snapback]

will check that out. this Super Skunt thing. Is that the artist or the label?

yea i have now heard this. nice nice nice. what album etc.. does Midi Miliz have anything else out, coming out etc... got any more info on that one.

will check that out. this Super Skunt thing. Is that the artist or the label?

218667[/snapback]

Super Skunk is the artist. Not only his tracks are breakbeat Psy but he has some ;)

218667[/snapback]

that track is on the album Antistat (same name).

Midi Miliz have a new album coming out soon on G Plus Records. www.gplusrecords.com

Many great suggestions here. I could Also recomend "Violet Vision - First Sign of Communication" It's a great psy album that contains some break beat like tracks. Not the best suggestion, but this album rocks imo. :)

that track is on the album Antistat (same name).

Midi Miliz have a new album coming out soon on G Plus Records. www.gplusrecords.com

219268[/snapback]

cheers. btw your avatar is by far of the best psy albums i have ever heard