Persistent Aura Fractal Art

haha i'm no genius when it comes to fractals believe me :P it's the guys that invented the math for this who are geniusses.

Anyhow here's more! A hybrid between the mandelbox and menger sponge. I call it the mengerbox aka spongebox :D

Posted Image

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha i'm no genius when it comes to fractals believe me :P it's the guys that invented the math for this who are geniusses.

Anyhow here's more! A hybrid between the mandelbox and menger sponge. I call it the mengerbox aka spongebox :D

Posted Image

:P

love this one btw , in general gives me a feeling of Mayan stuff , love the shapes of the spongebox :)

:P

love this one btw , in general gives me a feeling of Mayan stuff , love the shapes of the spongebox :)

Nice architecture on the spongebox indeed. Here two more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well it's been quite a while since I updated this thread. I've made a LOT more stuff. Here's some of the things I made since I last updated this thread. This is just a small selection so make sure to check out my deviantart gallery for more!

http://persistentaura.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First succesfull animation :) this took 57hours to render!!

Compression is bad so the playback isn't allways that smooth and quality could have been better. I'm a total noob at video compression and couldn't get it better. The original looks amazing though (more than 4gb large for 2m26)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU4daQsS5-Y

Here's a totally different way of using fractals to create images that I haven't presented to you yet.

Fractal Terrain! The program I've been using is Terragen, but there are a few other ones as well.

I haven't been doing this much yet as my pc is way to slow for even rendering the preview so making full landscapes is allmost impossible because I just can't see what I'm doing. If I keep to relatively simple terrains and clouds then renders are possible.

Basically everything you see is made by using fractals, the terrain, clouds, stones,... . It's stunning how realistic these landscapes can look.

This is the first one I made. after fiddling with the software for quite some time.

Posted Image

After that I decided to follow a tutorial so I would learn quicker. That's the reason why it's much more detailed

Posted Image

I didn't use the software for more than a half year. Just because it's so hard to make images with it on my pc. But a week ago I felt like trying again. Again some desert to keep it simple.

Posted Image