Psytrance production help.

Hey peeps.

Im just writing concerning psy production and making psytrance music. I have never made any form of electronic music and i would like to start making psytrance and learn about production and maybe eventually release music.

To get started could anyone help me by posting the best beginner or normal software to start making basic psytrance and anything else i should get.

thanks

-kataclyZm

Hey Kataclyzm,

it doesnt matter that much with which program you start. Fruity loops is quite easy to start with, but most people work in ableton, cubase & logic. It might be a little more difficult to learn from the start, but in the end you ll enjoy it. There are loads of tutorials on youtube about the different programs. Also check the isratrance forum. There is loads of info to be found. Good luck! =)

• 2 weeks later...

get something like a novation xio-synth. there really cheap & do a lot. great for beginners.

If you check my website there are videos and a video course of how to make psy trance from start to finish.

I use cubase but you can follow the principles on any DAW.

thanks

Mark

Psy Trance Production

• 2 months later...

Hi Kataclyzm

I Use two books to aid in production techniques: "The Dance Music Manual" by Rick Snoman (Focal Press), and also "Composition for Computer Musicians" by Micheal Hewitt (Course Technology Centage Learning). Both are fantastic books and I strongly recommend them. If you need a beginners introduction to music theory, get yourself a copy of "The AB guide to Music Theory" or "Music Theory for Dummies". The first two books listed hear are quite tricky to get in a high street shop, so i got them off amazon.

Happy Producing,

Tempolar