1. Filtertraces (Abstract Dream Remix) ... 10:18
2. The Big Blue ... 8:21
3. Wormhole ... 8:47
4. Eyeless Observatory ...8:23
5. In the Heaven's Eye ... 13:49
6. Infinite Regression (Feat Ukiro) ... 8:47
7. Earthrise ... 8:39
9. Float Away and Disappear ... 8:00

After three years since his previous main album, Jannis (Filteria) and Suntrip Records release the long awaited "Daze Of Our Lives." In 2004, Jannis released Sky Input, an album that reinvigorated the genre of Psychedelic Goa-Trance. Inspired by the amazing Pleiadians in their prime, Jannis's ultra-intense Sky Input debut album was widely praised. Though not as fluid or as elegant as Pleiadians earlier work that inspired it, Sky Input got by on sheer energy alone and is the most intense album I have ever heard in my life. Two years later, Jannis/Filteria released Heliopolis, a follow up with more of a variety in tracks (less in-your-face intensity back-to-back), including some welcome additions such as key changes, a remix of a classic Pleiadian song, a downtempo remix, and more. The general consensus: Heliopolis was a solid follow up, but not nearly as innovative or as impressive as Sky Input. Years past. Jannis toured the world; counties include: Brazil, Israel, Mexico, Russia, Switzerland, Ukraine, Turkey, Belgium. It was clear that the Pleiadian-influenced Filteria style was in need of some serious innovation. In 2008, such innovation came when Filteria released Birds Lingva Franca on Suntrip's double CD Opus Iridium compilation. The song was refreshing, more colorful, and tasty; the reviews were great. Clearly, the Filteria work had improved dramatically and evolved. Roughly a year past and in 2009, Daze Of Our Lives was announced. The album promises to be more innovative and better produced than previous work. But is it really?

1. Filtertraces (Abstract Dream Remix) sounds surreal. It begins with strange alien sounds. Imagine being on a floating island and approaching a vast, new world where an epic adventure awaits. Like a sunset (or sundown depending on how one perceives), birds fly across the skies as gentle waves crash along the sparkling beach beds. The opening to Filtertraces is mystical. It gradually progresses into an evocative, harmonious world. At 1:40, a boost of energy ignites the senses and the journey begins. Waves harboring sound creatures swim in deeper layers, in an ocean flow never forceful or overloaded with sea life. This song is like an expression of nirvana, paradise. Like a tasty broth, ingredients are gradually added until the taste is marvelous, blending together in an ocean of infectious delights. At 3:59 we are introduced to the first melody lead, a beautiful tune with far reaches like a magical flute summoning a sleeping dragon. Ambient layers shrink into back drops as numerous melodic crystals and soundscapes swim by. This song is filled with life and seemingly organic sounds, an irony considering it's an electronic (Goa) track. A bigger energy fish takes form around 5:40; the tempo takes off; the song doesn't abandon its beauty but evolves it to the rising energy. A floating interlude takes place from 6:49 to 7:46. It's mysterious and engaging, opening the door to a gorgeous missile of beauty. The traveler races across the skies. But not so fast as to miss the transcending scenery, and the emotive lead is wonderful. It's like sailing across the skies on a magical carpet ride. People have described this opening track as "dreamy, wondrous" and "divinely beautiful." Words are just descriptions anyway to express the essence of what we must experience to full understand and be present with. This is one of the most "strong and emotive" opening Goa tracks I have heard since Simon Postford's L.S.D. To say it's better would spark an argument. Filtertraces elegant, romantic, and unlike anything I have heard before. If this is a hint of Filteria's upcoming K.O.B. project, people are going to be very pleased. Beautiful track. A

2. The Big Blue is a stomper compared to the previous number. Emphazing twists, turns, and various sound emphasis as it progresses. It never seems to be squeezing its sounds or trying. The song is fluid, flowing, and fast -- not intense. It's more aggressive and danceable than the opening. The first several minutes could be described as a re-imagining of Jannis's famous Birds Lingva Franca but with bigger soundscapes, dynamics. The Big Blue breaks out from its wonderful lead after its third minute. An echoing transition takes place from around 3:05 to 3:32 and meets a short interlude, one that will front key changes and fun exploration as the story-telling track progresses. Even the main melody evolves with a new, second paragraph from that in the first act. Strengths include the song's less sound heavy breathing moments. One takes place around 5:25 where main melodies are removed for a tranquil transition of opening space. Such aware executions are wonderful; they open a dimension in appreciation to the creative life often masked to some degree by melody leads. The only part that appears less dynamic, or at least one that stays a bit longer than previous sections is during the last two minutes. It is this two-minutes roughly that may come across as repetitious albeit driving for some after hearing all else prior that sounds remarkably crafted. The Big Blue as a whole is engaging, even if its ending wasn't intended to blow listeners away. Excellent track. A-

3. Wormhole is one of those songs -- I had to hear numerous times to grasp. It is just so varied with ideas, development, and evolution. The song is filled with crazy psychedelia, sound effects, pitches, rumbling, impressive melody/sounds, rhythm change ups, awesome moments of growing storm-approaching ambient, skipping/chopped up acid butterflies, psychedelic caterpillars on colorful energy rockets, and more. The track barrels through cork screws as if a space dragon is playing roller coaster with its own tail before diving deep into a wormhole filled with challenges, clusters of sound/melody paragraphs. Filteria's mixing style has improved dramatically since 2006's Heliopolis album. There are moments when the main melodies are removed to showcase an open road, and it is these pathfinding (like racing down an open road in the desert) moments that provide a great sense of clarity and steal some of the show. As with the previous two tracks, Wormhole features a wide variety in sounds that far outdue the sound varity on previous Filteria work. Moreover, there is a section around 7:00 to 8:00 that is hard to forget. It's intricately delicious and brings back memories of the tasty mixing attitude I miss so much now days, perfectly expressed on Hallucinogen - Twisted and to some degree, Talpa - The Art of Being Non. What's wonderful is how the artist updates certain ideas without copying; he creates his own vision, approaches to ideas. Wormhole is imaginative, ambitious, over-the-top, dynamic to the point of exhaustion at times track that's captivating from beginning to end. Its melody work is simply less memorable than the two previous tracks. But the sound/mixing work coupled with the story/imagination is giant. Awesome work. A-

4. Eyeless Observatory appears to have no limits when it comes to adrenaline. The thing takes off close to the beginning. Key changes compliment a sound reminiscent from Pleiadian's (self-titled) Family Of Light track. The song is an uncompromising form of turbulance set in several fluid transitional stages that are poised to get the heart racing and probably give a few people heart attacks on the dance floor too, that is if they're on drugs that speed up the heart-rate. This track is a crazed run-away train on rocket boosters. It races by, thus to leave the listener in a blur. The first adrenaline injection is around 2:40. The body is moving at dangerous, but not yet disastrous speeds. As the song currently matches previous high octane killers such as Mono Lisa Overdrive, and various other high octane Filteria work such as Rotate To Vibrate. Lights fly by, colors leave trails, and any sense of scenery is not comprehendible. Around 5:00 is the next adrenaline injection which is more like a pint of nitro to the cerebral cortex. Yet somewhere among the quickening velocity is a deliciously skipping, altering, and constantly evolving structure that is the climax. Has the idea of a high octane song been done before? Yes, probably hundreds. But this is the most intense and uncompromising in sensation track I have heard since Sky Input released back in 2004. It may be one dimensional. But for what it is -- Eyeless Observatory is one of the strongest high octane song's ever produced. It becomes more delectable as it progresses as well, and the overall sound/melody work is excellent. Stunning track! A

5. In the Heaven's Eye is a delectable space odyssey, running at nearly 14-minutes long. The introduction is four-minutes long, developing a wide open atmosphere and delicatessen of soundscapes in accordance to its non-linear design. This openness instigates a heavenly ride across the Universe and the beat begins at 3:42. Coupled with unique skipping effects, pulsating vibrations, and various other enhancements, the song is an evolution from Filteria's non-intense and strong Tiny Little Universe on V/A - Apsara. Around 6:21 gains more strengths; hi hats meet the layers of beauty swimming at traveling speeds. The pill becomes even more delicious as it crosses the seven-minute mark. Gentle pull back in melodies; things are getting more psychedelic. A strong melody lead appears, moving through celestial bubbles and particles at around 8:30, and while all of these elements sound great, it isn't until 9:13 that ride breaks out into juicy paradise a la Dimension 5. Jannis has created a vivid, immersive world. During the creative four-minute foundation, I felt like I was watching the interesting space creatures. I didn't feel a part of their journey, but the song continues to clear a celestial path as it continues, like hidden steps to the stars. This elements of surprise here are wonderful, pulling the listener into the cosmos. A moment of aggression in the final act strengthens the lasting journey; it's excellent. The track may initially came across as ambiguous for some. There's a lot to comprehend and the direction isn't really clear at first. But the traveling approach and sound/melody work presents a moving work of art that deserves repeat listens and letting go of life to get lost in. This is the most imaginative, beautiful, and traveling (key word here) Goa-Trance song that Filteria has made to date. It becomes more engaging as progresses, never falling into general formula; it remains novel and gripping. Imaginative, strong, and epic work. A

6. Infinite Regression (Feat Ukiro) is a return to futuristic/racing through the city Goa-Trance. But there's a catch, that has to do with Eastern-influenced melody work that appears later on. But we'll get to that in a second. The song has a buzzing, alien intro and introduces the kick within its first 0:15 seconds. Around :026 begins the first gritty texture as various, unique effects (like creatures) enter the atmosphere. These parts are great. The kick is emphasized with sound effects as a crisp Goa melody emerges. An interlude takes place from around 1:30 to 1:38, opening the door to machine-gun skipping sound effects that enhance the melody-driven core. The melodies disappear to compensate for a chilling deep voice sample regarding time. The fast Eastern melody work is great and compliments the relatively fast speed of the track. Around 3:50, the Eastern melody work switches up. Unfortunately this is the weakest part of the song, and the album. No longer is the song kinetic like before. The new melody lead not only sounds as if it could have been in a completely different song, it's overall tune and movements are unimpressive, disappointing. Fortunately, the bullet paced grip picks back up around 4:32. A catchy melody lead rejuvenates the track with energy around 5:15. Things are finally back on course, that is until the same, previous melody work returns around 6:22. This specific form of Eastern-influenced melody greatly subtracts from the song's zippy/fun energy and flow. Even skipping effects can't mask its lackluster presence, and at this point I no longer enjoy the song. While some people may enjoy this more simplistic Eastern melody, I don't. I know that the artist is capable of far more arresting work. Naturally, a good chunk of the song is well done. I just know that the song could have been enhanced with the smallest, obvious changes. It sounds as if it has an identity crisis in this regard. Someone dropped a dirty shoe lace in my tasty bowl of soup. While much of the song is solid, the end result feels rushed and/or uncertain of itself. Yet around these elements exists work so playful and smooth, it's a shame more work wasn't invested in sharpening the few, dull corners. Overall this is a good track with greatness (or vice-versa) that could have been excellent had the artist replaced (with something more catchy) the melody from 3:53 to 4:32 and from 6:22 to closing (or just end the song before 6:22 thus not to repeat the weakest part) because these parts take away from the fast, fun, zippy appeal. B+ ?

7. Earthrise may be what our current conscious awareness vibration experiences during a planetary shift in consciousness. Or when a giant shock wave is produced after an asteroid's impact, lifting our land from zero degrees to the vast clouds above. I had wondered what a Filteria track would sound like had Jannis incorporated Hallucinogen-influences. Now I know, and this approach opens the door to an entire new realm of magic and possibilities. Earthrise delivers the story-telling with enormous buildups, a continuously uplifting and gradually climactic drive, and an ending that I couldn't be happier with. After the previous track, which wasn't bad but I wasn't impressed either, any concern that Filteria might place his weaker tracks in the end was crushed. You'd hope not, right? Earthrise is one of Filteria's strongest tracks. It is a SONIC BOOM (!) way to end the uptempo work on the album. In short, this is an album-seller. Excellent track with a superb ending! A

8. Float Away and Disappear ends the album in Goa influenced down-tempo chill out. Coupled with altered, chopped up voices at the beginning and end, the song's only weakness may lie in its seemingly separate intro and outro relative to the midtempo beat that makes up its core, best part of the ride. It sounds as if this could have been two separate songs. As if the direction present during the first several minutes would have been unclear had it continued; therefore a driving element was created to compensate this elegant deficiency. Regardless of the intent or history to its making however, this a very solid (along with Filteria's Back To Earth on V/A - Sundrops compilation) track. The first several minutes are evocative and chill, leading into a slight interlude around 3:05 to 3:17, where things heat up. A slow beat emerges in combination with tempting tapping. The buildup part is great, jumping the down into mid-tempo where the song sounds pleasingly familiar to various, classic, old school Goa closing tracks. But with today's stronger production values. The middle third of the song are great, excellent. Unfortunately, the best part of the song only lasts from 3:53 to 6:00; it would have been nicer if the beat continued a little longer with some potential, further melody/sound enhancement. The last two minutes gently bring the listener back down to the peaceful stream from the beginning. But the downtempo segments do not don't flow so well into the mid-tempo and vice-versa. I'm not quite sure what I think of the chopped up, incoherent voice work either (in the beginning and end), an effect that has become popular in various genre' over the years. But overall the song is strong, though not better than Back To Earth, not to me. Float Away and Disappear is interesting, and a smart, nostalgic, and modern way to end a spectacular album. A-

In conclusion, Daze Of Our Lives oozes with fluid energy, innovation, and infection. This is Filteria's most mature, overall best album to date. Those who thought Filteria has lost edge will think again after hearing Eyeless Observatory. But that's just one track where the artist takes sensation further than almost every high-octane song I have heard. The opening track is gorgeous. The final chill out track echoes nostalgia, and virtually every track is excellent, superb. The only song I consider less strong overall is Infinite Regression due to certain Eastern melody work in the second and third act that could have been replaced by catchier, more congruent synth leads to enhance the zestier (futuristic) elements; otherwise it's great. Furthermore, the album is loaded with characteristic super songs, and an energy at times that awakens the sleeping dragon with stunning results. Filteria's transitions are more fluid; his tracks are more fluid, elegant, and satisfying; they finally have room to breath. DoOL is a wonderful and invigorating journey from beginning to end. Replay value is high too due to the super song and characteristic track variety. For those who enjoyed Filteria's Birds Lingva Franca in 2008, Daze Of Our Lives surpasses such colorful works thanks to a wider variety of sounds, twists, turns, innovation, experimentation, and more. Suntrip's artist RA may tell a story better, and have more experience when it comes to down/mid-tempo work in general, as shown in RA's 9th (2008) album. Jannis/Filteria knows how to craft a super song in virtually (just about) every slot. DoOL is the best new school Goa album, generally followed IMO by Khetzal's Corolle, Chi-A.D. Earth Crossing, RA's 9th, and VERY few others. DoOL is a serious contender for best Psy/Goa-Trance album of the year, and of the last several years. Highly recommended!

Total Running Time: 74:59

Favorite tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7

A ............................ Update: I don't remember the last time I gave an album an A in any genre of music.

There's Pleiadian's IFO and Halluciongen's Twisted... This is the first new school one... Huh, never realized how critical I was.

Samples / Order here:

Suntrip: http://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD14/

Beatspace: http://beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=4880

Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd014.html

Yet again wonderfully detailed review, jon. But damn it man, I still have to wait and this made the waiting even harder, haha.

Thanks again for this review, looks like I definitely won't be disappointed by this release.

Edit:

My review at page 2.

Nice review Jon once again, always a pleasure to read.

Btw.. it's the first time you give a full A to a "newschool" album isn't it? :)

There's very very veeeery few of the "newschool" goa-tracks that i like... But this on the other hand is awesome! I'm listening to mp3's right now, I'm gonna pick up this album for shure! The use of melodies and atmospheres is awesome and quite unique if you ask me (I'm not that much into goa so correct me if im wrong)

Edit: Earthrise :D :posford: :clapping: That's a track that speaks my language

Let's put the label management aside for a couple of minutes.

As you may guess, I've been listening this album for a long time already so I know the effects of time on this album. Well, I'm positively surprised to see that I enjoy listening to all the tracks after hundreds of listens,and that I dig some of the tracks better than in the begining !!

As a listener, I just couldn't agree more with Jon's review. This is exactly what I think about this album.

Filtertraces (2007) is a pure jewel. There were many versions of this one...Jannis kept refining it, and by november 2007, he gave me this remix and I was blown away. I've know this track for 1.5 year and still it gives me goosebumps everytime. The 5.38 break&enter is a real slap in the face, and the ending is just one of the best psytrance moments ever. If you listen to it when tired or after a nice evening with friends, you will feel like crying. Try it on a mountain or on the beach, and die! I think it's one of the best Goa tracks (yes, ever).

The Big Blue (mid-2008) is one of these tracks that drive you far away, that you like, and yet you rediscover when played live. It has so much energy, so much surprises. It's pleiadianesque, but has these twirling masterful melodies, these breaks and melodies that go after each other. Man, listen to it open air, and experience the hurricane!

Wormhole went through a lot of work, I know, and I didn't like much the first versions. When I heard this album version, I thought it was a good rollercoaster...I was wrong, this one grows on you with all its influences, it takes you aback even after 15 listens. That's a smart trap and it's not good, it's great!!

Eyeless Observatory (early 2007) is the acidic monster that reminds yoou that Filteria is just a great musician. If you think about it, this track is a whole buildup, and still, you're never bored with it. It has so many details and the instruments are so wicked that you just wanna hear it again and again !! I suspect this one has a strong live-remix potential.

In the Heaven's Eye (end 2008)....ah well...how to describe this odyssey of sounds and emotions? Just plug your headphones, click play, clsoe your eyes, you already see the sky. That's an anthem of a track and once again evidence Filteria has probably no limits in his sound exploration.

Infinite Regression has great moments, but also has older Filteria influences, somehow, so it's particular. Some will love it, some won't.

Earthrise (early 2009). Actually this one replaced another track at the last moment for the best of everyone in my opinion. This is just a killer tune. Like a Hallucinogen vs Hux Flux back to back in the begining, then it grows crazier and crazier! Everytime you think it can't do more, another break comes and you wanna roll on the floor. I'm sure that if Hallucinogen, Pleiadians, and Miranda had made music alltogether it would sound like this. Oh and the bass, THAT bass. It makes me shiver. The part at 5.30 is one of the craziest goa moments ever. Imo Filtertraces is just a little better than this one, but Earthrise will remain in momories [Jannis, I know you read me, please live-mix it].

Float Away & Disappear (? 2008) is one of these tracks with lots of fx and chopped voices (a bit like the Shpongle tune in the Crystal skulls) . Very professional, and it gives fulfilment in this album, as it kinda closes a loop. When it starts kicking, it sounds a bit like Entheogenic, but with this typical mystical Filteria touch...melodies go on top of each other and that makes a real looping-in-the-air feeling. Little story: this track replaced Back to Earth on the album late last year as it turned out ot be better...but Jannis finally rerecorded B2E for Sundrops which made it a lovely track in the end too :)

Recently I relistened to Sky Input. Really great work, but so far away from "Daze". Heliopolis had already started a new approach, but Daze of Our Lives is truly professional work. It's not "dance, trance, and heal your knees tomorrow"; it's emotional material, you can feel the number of hours refining every second of it, to trigger your feelings further. And on top of it the production is SO good!

You know, there are albums and tracks you never forget. Twisted, Trust In Trance, Phototropic, Violent Relaxation, Multimoods, IFO, Moment of Truth............and Daze of Our Lives.

Great cd, the best new school work so far in my opinion. Intense, sounds perfectly, there are tracks I will never forget, and in my opinion Filtertraces is the best trance (goatrance, psytrance, trance, whatever) track of the last years, without any doubt. I really love this work and I non stop listen to it every day. This album shows Filteria's improvements and maturity and I consider it as the new milestone in goa trance. 10/10 in my opinion.

Great cd, the best new school work so far in my opinion. Intense, sounds perfectly, there are tracks I will never forget, and in my opinion Filtertraces is the best trance (goatrance, psytrance, trance, whatever) track of the last years, without any doubt. I really love this work and I non stop listen to it every day. This album shows Filteria's improvements and maturity and I consider it as the new milestone in goa trance. 10/10 in my opinion.

Agree, on of those tracks that you will listen to for years and years!

--> First impressions, go to page 2 for the review. <--

I've listened to 4 tracks now and am I missing something here? Where are the melodies like in Wormhole's 4:05?

Edit: Oh ok. Went back to Sky Input and it seems the style went a complete overhaul. Dammit. I understand the artists wants to do what he wants to do and I respect that and I actually suggest doing whatever he wants. Restrictions suck. These tracks are amazing at a technical level and, well, they are extremely good. But the old one's like in Sky Input were power 100% with blazing melodies throughout and that's the stuff I love and as Filteria was the only artist doing that, I can't help but to feel a bit disappointed.

Edit2: Infinite Regression YES! ASSLOADS(In a positive way) OF AWESOME! Full power, dancefloor madness. A+++ More of this.

same with EARTHRISE OF ECSTASY! Fantastic stuff!

I want an EP made of power from Filteria now, new skill combined with power of Sky Input would be unsane. These two new high adrenaline tracks that Filteria created are something else, they're mental. Give me more!

Gotta take time on this album before the final verdict, these were just first impressions from a Sky Input lover.

My jaw is on the floor because of this album so it's hard to type...

This is some of the coolest fucking music I have heard in my entire life. I am blown away, astonished, and above all, can't wait to hear it while tripping.

This is just out of control... raises new bars for the future of psychedelic music. I just wish the last track filled the last 3-4 minutes of the CD space... and then another CD... Guess I'm getting greedy... but hot damn this is amazing.

Let's put the label management aside for a couple of minutes.

As you may guess, I've been listening this album for a long time already so I know the effects of time on this album. Well, I'm positively surprised to see that I enjoy listening to all the tracks after hundreds of listens,and that I dig some of the tracks better than in the begining !!

As a listener, I just couldn't agree more with Jon's review. This is exactly what I think about this album.

Filtertraces (2007) is a pure jewel. There were many versions of this one...Jannis kept refining it, and by november 2007, he gave me this remix and I was blown away. I've know this track for 1.5 year and still it gives me goosebumps everytime. The 5.38 brreak&enter is a real slap in the face, and the ending is just one of the best psytrance momeents ever. If you listen to it when tired or after a nice evening with friends, you will feel like crying. Try it on a mountain or on the beach, and die! I think it's one of the beest Goa tracks (yes, ever).

The Big Blue (mid-2008) is one of these tracks that drive you far away, that you like, and yet you rediscover when played live. It has so much energy, so much surprises. It's pleiadianesque, but has these twirling masterful melodies, these breaks and melodies that go after each other. Man, listen to it open air, and experience the hurricane!

Wormhole went through a lot of work, I know, and I didn't like much the first versions. When I heard this album version, I thought it was a good rollercoaster...I was wrong, this one grows on you with all its influences, it takes you aback even after 15 listens. That's a smart trap and it's not good, it's great!!

Eyeless Observatory (early 2007) is the acidic monster that reminds yoou that Filteria is just a great musician. If you think about it, this track is a whole buildup, and still, you're never bored with it. It has so many details and the instruments are so wicked that you just wanna hear it again and again !! I suspect this one has a strong live-remix potential.

In the Heaven's Eye (end 2008)....ah well...how to describe this odyssey of sounds and emotions? Just plug your headphones, click play, clsoe your eyes, you already see the sky. That's an anthem of a track and once again evidence Filteria has probably no limits in his sound exploration.

Infinite Regression has great moments, but also has older Filteria influences, somehow, so it's particular. Some will love it, some won't.

Earthrise (early 2009). Actually this one replaced another track at the last moment for the best of everyone in my opinion. This is just a killer tune. Like a Hallucinogen vs Hux Flux back to back in the begining, then it grows crazier and crazier! Everytime you think it can't do more, another break comes and you wanna roll on the floor. I'm sure that if Hallucinogen, Pleiadians, and Miranda had made music alltogether it would sound like this. Oh and the bass, THAT bass. It makes me shiver. The part at 5.30 is one of the craziest goa moments ever. Imo Filtertraces is just a little better than this one, but Earthrise will remain in momories [Jannis, I know you read me, please live-mix it].

Float Away & Disappear (? 2008) is one of these tracks with lots of fx and chopped voices (a bit like the Shpongle tune in the Crystal skulls) . Very professional, and it gives fulfilment in this album, as it kinda closes a loop. When it starts kicking, it sounds a bit like Entheogenic, but with this typical mystical Filteria touch...melodies go on top of each other and that makes a real looping-in-the-air feeling. Little story: this track replaced Back to Earth on the album late last year as it turned out ot be better...but Jannis finally rerecorded B2E for Sundrops which made it a lovely track in the end too :)

Recently I relistened to Sky Input. Really great work, but so far away from "Daze". Heliopolis had already started a new approach, but Daze of Our Lives is truly professional work. It's not "dance, trance, and heal your knees tomorrow"; it's emotional material, you can feel the number of hours refining every second of it, to trigger your feelings further. And on top of it the production is SO good!

You know, there are albums and tracks you never forget. Twisted, Trust In Trance, Phototropic, Violent Relaxation, Multimoods, IFO, Moment of Truth............and Daze of Our Lives.

nice am so glad you mentioned violent relaxation, my first psy album, have except you fabio never heard anyone mention it in the same league as ifo etc

true masterpiece as well as daze

the bar has well and truly been raised

hold on to your hats guys, who will be next out of the wood work?

am expecting alot from the afgin album

not likely to dissapoint

I cannot agree with all the positive feedback here. Filteria deserves respect for offering something different than the monotone ordinary modern psytrance. But that doesn't mean the music is 'goa trance'. It's "goa orientated psytrance", ok. But it's not in the same league with true oldschool classics of course. Just my 2 cents.

Btw, why does "new school goa" always have to be that extremely melodic and uplifting? Those who are familiar with the oldschool sound probably remember that there were artists like Nervasystem, Orichalcum & The Deviant, Metal Spark, etc who created a rather spooky, creepy sound back then. Nowadays Zenon Records sometimes offers a similar sound, but it's just their style, not an attempt to bring back the oldschool sound. Why is Suntrip that onesided? The idea to bring back the old style is generally very cool! ;)

Btw, why does "new school goa" always have to be that extremely melodic and uplifting? Those who are familiar with the oldschool sound probably remember that there were artists like Nervasystem, Orichalcum & The Deviant, Metal Spark, etc who created a rather spooky, creepy sound back then. Nowadays Zenon Records sometimes offers a similar sound, but it's just their style, not an attempt to bring back the oldschool sound. Why is Suntrip that onesided? The idea to bring back the old style is generally very cool! ;)

2 remarks:

- SUN-TRIP => sounds not that darky spooky creepy right? :P i dont think artists with music like "V.A. hacking the reality myth" arent looking for a label with this name either...

- maybe there arent that many people anymore who make oldskool oriented dark music? guess the dark scene itself is filling in that gap good enough for all those darkies out there?

anyhow, back on topic... Jos! I'm gonna come over tonight and rob you of ALL your filteria cds!!! So be prepared ;)

:drama:

exactly how i would love hallucinogen 3 to sound

Yeh, thats what i thought, sound bit like old goa like AP+Hallucinogen in filtertraces.

Tho i never liked his style, once in a while there are tracks that catch my attention, i do like Eyeless Observatory from this album, i guess it has something to do with its speed and groove even tho it might remind etnica a bit but not annoying :P (and that Peters Hover or what was its name, track, its not on his webpage anymore tho, that one i liked too :D) Oh and Earthrise i find good too.

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but it's a bit hit and miss for me. There are some really great tracks, but an equal number of "only" decent tracks. I've never been a fan of Filteria though so perhaps that has something to do with it. This is his best album by a mile.

My favs are track 2, 4, 7, and 8. Those also seem to be the tracks with the "darkest" melodies. Nothing here is even close to being mediocre/bad, it's just not as consistently amazing as many people are saying (IMO of course). Still an album with 4 great tracks, and the rest pretty good, makes for a pretty damn good album in my book :)

honestly guys, i feel there's something missing from this....the individual sounds seem right, like the synths are resonant and the filtersweeps have grunt...but the patterns seem a bit amateur.what happened to the magical melodies of the past?

plus, i really dislike some of the sequencing here...a hihat pattern will come on out of nowhere, things begin/stop too suddenly.

that's not to slag it off completely...there's some really nice work on this...i believe Filteria has the potential to drop a neo-goa classic, but in my opinion this isn't it

i prefer Merrow - Born Underwater to this....but i have had Merrow much longer..we'll see how Daze stacks up in a few weeks

2 cents

peace

The above reviewer shares exactly my thoughts, or almost.

While this album is good, I think that 2 Filteria albums of his style were enough, this 3rd album brings no innovation. Also, I feel it's lacking something the other 2 albums had. Production is superb though, more than the first two.

On the Merr0w comaprison, I think taht Born Underwater is much superior tahn Filteria's latest.

I really don't understand the fuss with Filteria and some (most?) of the other Suntrip artists. Filteria's sound seems to me as being old, dated and neither fresh nor interesting. It is all very regressive. Thankfully the scene here in London has given this type of music a wide berth.

Pedro

I really don't understand the fuss with Filteria and some (most?) of the other Suntrip artists. Filteria's sound seems to me as being old, dated and neither fresh nor interesting. It is all very regressive.

:rolleyes:

You are right. You love new music. We love good music.

old is gold!!! :)