Mindshift - Extend

B-laze

So im not a Psytrance producer or anything, but have been producing music for quite a while.
Started with EJAY when i was a kid and moved on to FL studio 8 years ago.
I got absolutely no help, and shared this hobby with no one, so my learning curve has been very low

but its been alot of fun.

Doing a ton of gernes ive indeed been ejoying Psytrance.

First psytrance track i made in 2011, then i finished my second now in 2014.

its a 8 min long track, pretty variated.

Its build up with some oldskool "arps" inspired by Dark and industrial types of psytrance.
It starts melodic and builds up to different stages where the last stage is alot darker.

Download/Follow @ soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/b-laze/mindshift-extend

And here, for anyone fancy listening to my first psy back in 2011 its here:
https://soundcloud.com/b-laze/mindshift-the-death-wish
Vocals from World of warcraft
  • Like 1

So im not a Psytrance producer or anything [...]

You should. Because what I just heard is a mindblowing psy track of high quality. There are a lot of newcomers here that post their debut productions in order to get a feedback, and many have interesting ideas and potential. But it seems that you have already much experience, since this song pulses with skill. The listening is very enjoyable : comfortable sounds, balanced rhythm, 0 boring moments... and creative ideas with a strong personnality and a really original style.

I liked that track a lot, especially the first part (I liked less the story in the second part, that I personnally found a bit more formulaic that part one, but it is only my subjective statement).

Keep it up ! We need more psytrance like that. It is dreamy, dense and powerful. 8/10

And thank you for the share. I hope that I won't be the only one feedbacking this.

Thanks for the reply and the feedback.
i would really enjoy doing psytrance but i might want to do a more dark type like the last part.

Honestly my style is quite inspired by the Jap-psy around the internet.
I have some hard time finding their music but i know the japanese producers do a very simular style.
Its one of my favs they feel very "full" and rythmic.

At the moment im working on 2 more tracks but its trance and electro. Maybe next project could be another psy project.

Thanks for checking my soundcould, really appreciate:)
lets see if i can get more feedback.

Havent heard that but that is some of the types i preffer:D
I can show you my "artist" here, hes the producer of well known psytrance tracks for the "Tekken" series (fighting game)

last one being my fav.
Might sound a tad more like trance, but i definitely belive its more psy'ish
"Akitaka Tohyama"

tekken 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OkNREkcFbM

Tekken Tag 2:

And here is some production from hes youtube channel:

Wow. Track 2 is nice. And it's definitely is psytrance. And I read that it is an OST. That reminds me that the game Vanquish had Goa/Psy tracks as OST that were written by Japanese producers as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgRtuARATb4

Hey, by the way, you should definitely listen to this Goa remix of Tekken !

That is some nice stuff. i can hear vanquish music, typical jap. i think it has this distinct sound. wish i lived in the japs mindset :wub:
I used to listen to goa very long ago. Its been so long i almost forgot how it sounded, but think i used to listen to some goa from a group called "Juno reactor"
reason i decided to listen to them was because of the name, since the best game ive ever played was Final Fantasy 7, and juno reactor is something in that game hehe :lol:

I used to listen to goa very long ago. Its been so long i almost forgot how it sounded, but think i used to listen to some goa from a group called "Juno reactor"

reason i decided to listen to them was because of the name, since the best game ive ever played was Final Fantasy 7, and juno reactor is something in that game hehe :lol:

Haha, me too! Such an amazing game. It had a brilliant soundtrack too. Remember the epic choral song in the final battle with Sephiroth?

Nice work on you tracks too, btw.