Which artists have come the closest to these classic groups?

Ormion

Etnica/Pleiadians - Without doubt Filteria, but Morphic Resonance also got some moments

Astral Projection - SynSUN early alongside with re-releases, some Zirrex and Afgin release on Suntrip

Hallucinogen - Artha

MFG - Radical Distortion, even some of Liquid Flow tracks sometimes sound similar to MFG

KoxBox - maaaybe Portamento?

others? i don't have idea

• Like 1

Richpa has some spot on suggestions, good hearing, Man :).

First two tracks in Afgin's Astral Experience are AP ver 2.0.

Last EP by Morphic Resonance was defo inspired by some Etnica/Pleiadians works (gotta listen to it, people!).

KoxBox - maaaybe Portamento?

That's a very weak 'maaaybe' in my book :), I gotta check Earwall's Derango suggestion as I'm a sucker for KoxBox.

My two cents - JIS resembles Blue Planet Corporation at times, T2MU noticed that too in his review.

• Like 1

Last EP by Morphic Resonance was defo inspired by some Etnica/Pleiadians works (gotta listen to it, people!).

You haven't heard his track called 'Mindwarp', it was supposed to be on the EP, but due to the uber-similarity to the Phthalic Vibes by Etnica, I decided not to release it on the debut EP, and especially not by that name, because I really see that track as a tribute/remix, and it kick-ass (I think, Draeke and Jos heard it when I sent them demo version a couple of months ago) I will see to check it and upload it for you to proove you how much he can 'immitate' that sound.

Impressive thread. It was high time we discuss similar artists to the old masters, because it is always great to hear music like that. I love the Astral Projection track by Skarma, great sound. However the bassline doesn´t sound very good, it sounds like a bad quality v-station preset and somehow puts the track a bit down.

Well, it's pretty easy to imitate someone else's ideas... unless you don't know what you are doing. :ph34r:

I'm not sure about that. In my book there is a difference between:

- poor copy of X

- influenced by X

- X ver 2.0

Many times the track resembles some other artist's style but Your mind says it's kinda like X, but something's missing... and than You discover an artist who grasped not only the technology, but the feeling/flow of another artist and it's all good :). Hard to explain, but I hope I've managed.

You haven't heard his track called 'Mindwarp', it was supposed to be on the EP, but due to the uber-similarity to the Phthalic Vibes by Etnica, I decided not to release it on the debut EP, and especially not by that name, because I really see that track as a tribute/remix, and it kick-ass (I think, Draeke and Jos heard it when I sent them demo version a couple of months ago) I will see to check it and upload it for you to proove you how much he can 'immitate' that sound.

That would be great, he's doing it right :). Using other people's melodies without nodding to the original is a dodgy area (and it's not the same as using similar gear/presets to develop different ones - just look at the rock bands ;) ).

Morphic Resonance and Lapsus -> Pleiadians - to quite an extent, Filteria isn't that similar in my books.

Doc Von Ooze -> Moonweed - definitely some similar acid action going on in there.

Galactic Mantra -> Astral Projection - this guy is one of the rare composers with abilty to create soul uplifting melodies like AP in the heydays.

Intriga -> I.M - this guy is my friend and I'm a bit biased to say that I admire his sound. 98% of his productions are unreleased. The best composer ever in psytrance in terms of unnoticed talent going full under the radar.

Intriga -> I.M - this guy is my friend and I'm a bit biased to say that I admire his sound. 98% of his productions are unreleased. The best composer ever in psytrance in terms of unnoticed talent going full under the radar.

I've heard few his tracks, great ideas, the tunes definitely have some IM-vibe inside.

I'd love to work with Intriga to get his music out there again. It isn't as if I haven't tried...

• 3 weeks later...

Artistically this track is impressive, but the mastering is not very good so it is not that much fun to listen to it. If only this track could be remastered with the same mastering technique as Astral Projection, it would be a perfect track. With this mastering however the bass is too strong and the production doesn´t sound that clean. Shame on that, because the track istelf is an absolute masterpeace and has the same brilliant and uplifting sound as Astral Projection.