working freelancer work at home or searching for a job in order to get in touch with new people?

radi6404

Btw. didn't you think about working as a translator too and maybe even taking some classes to enhance your english skills? I think this might also be another thing you could work online with. And if you get a better diploma it would help for freelance work and for a regular job if needed.

Ofcourse, translating is a thing I can do parallel to writting articles and writting books. Aktually when I was in Bulgaria the last half year I started an English language stuy but quit it because I couldn´t stand the town in Blugaria I was at all. It was very crowded, the weather was always very warm and the people, many of them at least, where annoying to me. If I had continued that study, I would have better chances for translating, but I prefer not to be at that location, with no perspective for new friends and a girlfriend, as to study and only care about education. I am a person for whom life is more important than studying. I think there is an exam that I can do in order to be more qualified for translating.

The good thing with those writting jobs is, that when you have practise with them, you can do the jobs very quickly and without a lot of thought, so you only have to stress your brain during the learning process. When you are aktually doing the job, you don´t have to put as much effort as in many other jobs.

1) There is no way to make a living in Germany as a freelance with 500€ of revenue per month. You need to get a private health and pension insurance as a freelance. Maybe the "Künstler Sozialkasse" can help you a bit, if writing articles is rates as an art. But it will still eat almost all of your 500€ just for insurance and taxes.

2) A job doesn't mean you have to work 40h/week.

The big advantage with having a job over being a freelancer is that you are part of the social security system. Your company pays a certain amount on the social insurances, instead of all left to you. You can get unemployment benefits ect.

3) If you don't want to work 40h, but way less, there is something called "Geringfügige Beschäftigung" in Germany. It basically means, that if you have a job, but your income is less than you would get via the social security system ('Hartz IV'), you can contact the social services department and get the difference from them. Yeah, I know, the system is ugly as hell, because all the tax-paying ppl are actually paying parts of your salary, just because your boss doesn't want to pay enough so that you can live from it... but as long is it still like that: go and use it..

I told you that I did about 10 percent of the things I can do as a freelancer and earned 500 €, on many days I did not even hit one key for money, so ofcourse I would get more money if I would work more. And about Hartz IV, it is absolutely dependant on the person who is caring about you. They don`t want you to do a part time job and get the rest with Hartz IV, they check if you are able to work full time and if you can, they will quit the money and force you to work full time. When you have Hartz IV, the state makes sure you get rid of it as soon as possible, so Hartz IV is not an option. I can do freelancer work and a part time job but Hartz IV, you know exactly that with the idiot people there they will not pay you anything.

But the question is if there will always be that many jobs available on those portals. Especially if you don't want to invest time to improve your language skills. I don't know what kind of texts you had to write but depending on the topic you might reach the limit of your skills sooner or later. But I guess it's a bit hard to tell after only one or two months so maybe you want to check that out before you make any bigger decisions.

Actually you don't even have to go to classes to get a diploma. If you want to get one of the Cambridge diplomas (one of the BEC-series or first, proficiency and what not) or as far as I can tell nearly any other diploma you can simply register for the exams. You can buy your own books to study (there are several for each exam) on your own.

So what's your problem? If you can easily earn 5000 by just spending more time, this sound like a perfect situation. Go work like a moron for a month to get 5k, then meet chicks for the next 3 months until the 5k are spent, than switch to back to from party to $$$ refill mode.

You won't have an issue as freelance if you can decide on your own how much work you want do / how much money you get. The only problem as freelance is, if you can't get as much work as you would like / need to have. If this is no issue for you, I don't get your problem at all.

And about Hartz IV.. depends more on you than the persion that cares about you. Know ppl abusing it since years.. start a new job, quite after 1 day (just to make Hartz 4 ppl happy), do nothing for 2 months until they bring another job you also quite after 1 day.. accept some halftime, but your mother is seriously ill, sou can't do fulltime.. until they find out mother isn't.. than go accept yet another 1-day job.... .. they'r doing this bullshit since years w/o any real issue.

Radi, I think you need to stay as a freelancer only. There is no way you could function in a job where you had to work with other people. That whole red optical light mouse thing that blinds you would only be the first of hundreds of little problems you would concoct and I just cannot see you lasting more than a few weeks in any job. I think your best bet in life is to try and do as much freelance stuff as you can and try to make a living that way. Do you still live with your parents? That will help you financially and give you support like all high functioning rettrads will need.

Good luck, I hope you can succeed in your dream.

And about Hartz IV.. depends more on you than the persion that cares about you. Know ppl abusing it since years.. start a new job, quite after 1 day (just to make Hartz 4 ppl happy), do nothing for 2 months until they bring another job you also quite after 1 day.. accept some halftime, but your mother is seriously ill, sou can't do fulltime.. until they find out mother isn't.. than go accept yet another 1-day job.... .. they'r doing this bullshit since years w/o any real issue.

Maybe it works for some people, but it wont work for me, because I am allready using it to get some money to save and I will quit it next month. I started it February and the woman wants to see a record of 1 application a week. If I can´t deliver that, she will reduce it. If I apply to real jobs I might get one sooner as I want, while I am not sure whether I want start regular work just now. There are very patient Berfusberater in Germany, others are just like the woman, who will look for any reason to kick you out of the system. At least tehy could have paid it for 6 months without any requests, but no, they want me to apply to jobs every week.

Radi, I think you need to stay as a freelancer only. There is no way you could function in a job where you had to work with other people. That whole red optical light mouse thing that blinds you would only be the first of hundreds of little problems you would concoct and I just cannot see you lasting more than a few weeks in any job. I think your best bet in life is to try and do as much freelance stuff as you can and try to make a living that way. Do you still live with your parents? That will help you financially and give you support like all high functioning rettrads will need.

Good luck, I hope you can succeed in your dream.

I think I can work in a company if I want, for example in a newspaper company. I might even send an application to a newspaper but the problems are really with the various bright lights from scanners, printers and optical mise which annoy my eyes. There are for example some scanners you have to use that have the same light as optical mise. So I think you are right, besides that it is fun to do freelancer work.

Well, why should they pay you for six months without asking you do to do anything for it? One application per week really is not much (you need to write it once and then you just adjust it, especially if you don't want a job) and if you really want to avoid getting a job you can still fuck up the interview if you accidentaly get an invitation for one. If you want to get money from the unemployment insurance fund in Switzerland they ask for 10 to 15 applications per month (or at least they used to some years ago but from what I've heard it's gotten worse, not better). Depending on your qualifications you can't even find that many suitable jobs.

I should do that indeet so I can keep running that money for a few more months in order to save some money for bad times or for moving out. For now my parents pay my most of the stuff except buying sweets and similar things but that will change in future.

Definitely don't get a job, man I been working in offices and studios for ten years and sometimes you can hardly see with the amount of red mouse laser lights being thrown around. It's just intense. That's one word for it.

It's definitely the most important factor of gaining employment/growing as a person.

• Like 1

I think I can work in a company if I want, for example in a newspaper company. I might even send an application to a newspaper but the problems are really with the various bright lights from scanners, printers and optical mise which annoy my eyes. There are for example some scanners you have to use that have the same light as optical mise.

sunglass1.jpg