working freelancer work at home or searching for a job in order to get in touch with new people?

radi6404

I I am having a real problem right now. I am asking myself, how I should continue my future life the next few years. Should I look for a job somewhere outside in order to get in touch with ne people or should I continue the freelancer work and get in touch with people in another way. I like the freelancer work I am doing, because it is very easy for me, writting texts, it doesn´t require a lot of time and I can do the job when I want. Last month I got more than 500 € out of it and I only worked for two sides, while there are many more sides to work for. There are also interpreting sites and English author sites, I can write blogs, books and do much more stuff that is very easy for me. Doing freelancer work such as writting and painting graphics isn´t very hard for me and I like it that way. I will buy some books and visit some pages in order to improve my writting and interpreting skills, especially in English. By that I think I can get enough money for living and more, but maybe I am wrong, who knows. The more important question is, should I continue the easy freelancer work or look for a job that occupies my time and where I see new people every day or should I get in touch with other people in different ways? I really want to find new people and especially girls and I am wondering how to achieve that. A job is a good place to find new people but does it justify getting up early and working many hours a day where as my freelancer work can be done at any time? My freelancer work can be done during the eveing and I can have a great time during the day. With a job I can get to know people but have to spend many hours a day. It almost seems like the freelancer job, especially for the next years is better. The only things I am concermed about is that I don´t get working experience in real companies and will have a hard time finding a real job in case the freelancer job will fail in future. The other concerm I have is staying alone and not finding people and girls. Any suggestions from your side. I

I personally don't want to meet new people at my job. Mainly because the chance if finding like-minded people in a working surrounding are rather small (depends on your character of course, maybe for you it would be different). As far as I can tell if you want to meet new people, especially girls, it would be good to do so during doing something you like. So you know you have something as a commmon ground. Now that you make some money you could easily spend some of it for a new hobby. I can't really tell where you should go. All I can say is that I met most of my close friends during going out and through doing voluntary work for cultural events. There are other options tho, like taking classes for stuff that interest you (like learning a new language or stuff like cooking or whatever). You could also try to meet up with people that are interested in goa/psytrance. I don't know if there is a German forum with people who actually live somewhat near you.

• Like 1

I I am having a real problem right now. I am asking myself, how I should continue my future life the next few years. Should I look for a job somewhere outside in order to get in touch with ne people or should I continue the freelancer work and get in touch with people in another way. I like the freelancer work I am doing, because it is very easy for me, writting texts, it doesn´t require a lot of time and I can do the job when I want. Last month I got more than 500 € out of it and I only worked for two sides, while there are many more sides to work for. There are also interpreting sites and English author sites, I can write blogs, books and do much more stuff that is very easy for me. Doing freelancer work such as writting and painting graphics isn´t very hard for me and I like it that way.

Before or after taxes/insurances? 500€ is nothing, even with taxes already paid. You will barely make your living with that amount of money.

--> get another job or expand on your current activities

• Like 1

But that is with not working a lot and only working on two pages. I worked about two hours a day for that. Now if I improve my writting skills and sign up on oother pages, write some blogs and e-books, the income could be much higher. Also some of the money I get can be used for some forex trading and similar stuff, so I get even more money. There are many ways to increase the money a lot. So as Tatsu says, a job is not a good opportunity for making more money, so I guess I will continue this and think about other things aswell and maybe a part time job.

I personally don't want to meet new people at my job. Mainly because the chance if finding like-minded people in a working surrounding are rather small (depends on your character of course, maybe for you it would be different). As far as I can tell if you want to meet new people, especially girls, it would be good to do so during doing something you like. So you know you have something as a commmon ground. Now that you make some money you could easily spend some of it for a new hobby. I can't really tell where you should go. All I can say is that I met most of my close friends during going out and through doing voluntary work for cultural events. There are other options tho, like taking classes for stuff that interest you (like learning a new language or stuff like cooking or whatever). You could also try to meet up with people that are interested in goa/psytrance. I don't know if there is a German forum with people who actually live somewhat near you.

Thanks for your advice but it sounds a bit too long-winded. But in the end you can´t achieve anything without some effort. Sometimes I wish I could go out and meet the girl I like and play the sexual games with her that I like. I also wish I could solve my moneyproblems within a month and not worry about money. Just enough to lead a normal life would be good.

A proper job though can help pay your social insurance and pension. It could lead to a more stable future. Girls love a bit of stability when choosing a partner. I'm not working at what I want to be doing, I am not that lucky. I am working at something that provides a moderate level of security for me and my family.

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice but it sounds a bit too long-winded. But in the end you can´t achieve anything without some effort. Sometimes I wish I could go out and meet the girl I like and play the sexual games with her that I like. I also wish I could solve my moneyproblems within a month and not worry about money. Just enough to lead a normal life would be good.

It is long-winded but I doubt there is another way to meet real friends or even a gf than doing something like that. Maybe it's different for you but I very rarely met (and I still don't meet) people in school or at work who were like-minded. I can get along with nearly anybody but I met most of my friends during doing something out of the ordinary (as I said, helping organising cultural events and parties). Sure it's long-winded but the thing is you do something you really care for and the people you meet there care for the same stuff. So it's easier to bond with them than with co-workers. But obviously there has to be a thing you like enough to invest time in doing it (and I mean a thing that actually leads to meeting people). Just doing something you don't really care for to hit on girls or to make friends might work too but I wouldn't want to spend time with doing uninteresting stuff and I also fail to see how I should meet the right people doing that. Besides that, meeting a girl you fancy is one thing but if you want to score she also has to be interested in you. Having some stuff in common helps but it also might make you interesting or even attractive if you are passionate about something (maybe passionate alone isn't the right description since it has to be passionate in an active way, not only passively consuming, if you konw what I mean).

It is possible to achieve that with the freelancer work if I try really hard. A job can be more secure, but the question is, will I benefit from it other than financially?

Yes, I think it is possible with freelance work. But if you want to make a living (and I mean make a living in the sense of living independent from your parents) you will most likely also have to work 8 hours a day. Of course it depends on your costs of living, if you manage to find a cheap appartment and if you don't care for a high living-standard you might get along with working less. I don't know how it is in Germany but if you are not employed but work freelance at least in Switzerland you have more administration effort: you have to pay your own social security fees, get registered as self-employed, do your own book-keeping for the taxes and what not. So you have to spend some extra time on that.

Imho you can benefit from any job in other ways than just getting money. But it really depends on what you are after: you will sure meet new people if you get a regular job. If you will like them is another thing tho. But having to deal with different people and their different roles (customer, boss, co-worker) sure helps you evolve your personality and your social skills. Depending on your job it might also expand your knowledge since you might be forced to learn new stuff. Your income is also more stable than when you work on your own.

In germany you must pay self insurance and other stuff aswell when you are a freelancer, however I have difficulty imagining going to work 8 hours a day every day. Earlier I did not have difficulitues about that, but now I do. For example I have sensible eyes and they hurt when someone rises a mouse with red light. At home I am using a lasermouse without any visible light but can I use it in a company aswell? Without a lasermouse I would not work today anymore.

I should just write some books, draw some pictures, buy a good camera for microstock photography and get enough money for living.

I could work any other work without problems aswell, but the fact that in companies only optical mise are being used and I have to face someone rising the mouse and shining in my eye is too risky for me. I once visited a course for applications and they had optical mise there. It was a daily occurance that the people rised their mise and shined in my eyes and I don´t want that to happen in the job.

I work in an office all day and actually nobody every raises the mouse. People are there to work and get payed for that, normally they don't care about doing stupid stuff like that. Btw. you can also work part-time, then you will have to spend less than 8 hours a day at work. Or you could look for a combination of a part-time job as a stable income and get the rest with your freelance work. But in the end you will see if you can make enough money with the freelance work or not and the decision what to do will come naturally.

Indeed but about the mouse issue, people don`t rise them in order to blind other persons, but they rise to move the position, when the mousepointer is in the middle of the screen and they reached an edge at their working place. Then they rise the mouse and the light is visible and if someone is on the other side, they can blind that person. I don´t want a red light from an optical mouse to blind my eyes. I was in a course two weeks and people there rose the mouse several times a day. When I start working in an office and some people come to check my work, they surely will rise the mouse, just as the people who are next to me or at the other side.

Don't they have to point the part with the red light to your face to actually blind you? Just lifting the mous should do no harm and as far as I can tell it is hardly noticable. But either way, it seems pretty clear you don't want to work in a steady job for several reasons. This means you could try to expand your freelance work. Did you try to calculate how much money per month you'd have to earn to be able to live on your own (unless you want to stay with your parents of course)?

I think I would need 15020 € because of taxes and ensurance. Without taxes 700 € would be enough. 400 € for a nice small apartment and 300 € for food and other things. But the taxes will be very high I guess and the ensurance. The ensurance alone might cost 300 €. Taxes may be 200 € or more a month. Time will tell how much taxes they will charge if I decide to do freelancer work.

And about the optical mise. In that short course I took, people where arranged on two sides, looking to each other. A woman was sitting at the opposite of me and when she raised the mouse, it always directly hit my eyes, because the tables where pretty high so I could not dismiss it. So several times a day the very bright and strong red light hit my eyes and caused an annoying feeling. I don`t know why optical mise are still being used, some brands, for example Logitech, use such strong lights that even when you don`t look directly into them, you will be blinded. I have very sensible eyes and don`t want to take that every day just to be working.

I think I should write books and draw pictures, take photos and get my income from that. I am wondering if I could get money for a book that contains all my strange ideas I posted here over time, ofcourse the charakters would have different names, but with similar stories. Just something crazy. Writting is a very easy task for me and when I know to write correctly in both, German and English, and know many words, I could write interesting stuff. What do you personally think about that? Are crazy stories something you would want to read in a book?

I think with reading more I will be able to decide what is interesting for the reader and what isn´t. Time will tell.

It's a matter of taste in the end but I personally wouldn't buy a book with stories like the stuff you are posting here. There is some entertainment value in your posts but not on a level that makes me wanna pay for it or makes me wanna read a book about them. But as I said, it's personal taste. Generally speaking I think it is rather hard to actually make money with writing books. I don't know about e-books but considering how much time you have to spend to write the stories down, fine-tune them, get them corrected and what not I think you'd make more money if you use the time to do some freelance work on the pages you mentioned above. Publishing books is a bit like producing music. As far as I know it's possible to make money with it but a lot of writers make more money with going on reading tours than with the actualy sales of the books (unless you are able to sell a lot).

It wont take a lot of time for me to write a book when I gained the neccessary skills. The big benefit from a book would be that I would have passive income in case the pages have only few articles to write about.

If you manage to sell that means. But yes, go ahead and try it! :) How will you gain the skills you need, creative writing classes or what are you after?

I will read some advicors, like I am dong right now. There are some very good advicors out there, from those I will get information what to do and what literature to read and gain even more skills. I will also discuss issues about books in a community where I am registered at.

I will read some advicors, like I am dong right now. There are some very good advicors out there, from those I will get information what to do and what literature to read and gain even more skills. I will also discuss issues about books in a community where I am registered at.

That's a start. But to be commercially successfull it might take a bit more than writing stories after a certain formula. Not only the language skills of knowing your grammar but also the ability to create an interesting story. It also helps if you read a lot yourself. Not only to get a feeling for the language and to expand your vocabulary but also to get into the different styles of the writers. Which are the books or writers you are inspired by?

There are no such yet, unfortunately. For now I have only read a few psychology books and a few advicors for writting and other stuff. The author of the psychology books did not write very good books in my opnion. I am only inspired by Star Trek, and I am inspired a lot by it. Star Trek series are so impressive to me like only few other series. The high detail of Star Trek about the ships, the stations, the computers, the technology is something, you don`t get in many or any other sciense fiction series and movies. Also the characters act so well that you think what is happeing there is something you are watching with a camera rather than a fictive series. The acotrs of Star Trek also have great tastes about art and music and are not as simple and American in style like in most other American Sciense Fiction series, only thinking about sex, alcohol and simple music.

I'm not familiar with the new Star Trek stuff. But I checked amazon and there are Star Trek novels available. Maybe you wanna give them a try? Having a good source for inspiration is great but it might be a bit hard to port what you see in the series into your stories since it's another form of entertainment.

There are a lot of very good sci-fi books. Arthur C. Clarke is awesome (the guy who wrote 2001 Space Odyssee), Stephen Baxter is also great. Both are actually scientists so they don't just invent silly stuff for their books but have the background to actually have visions who are linked to actual development in the aerospace sector.

You are right that I definatly have to get some books in order to be able to write proper romans, and I will do that in time. There is hardly new Star Trek except the enterprise series with captaim Archer, they are pretty good but not as good as Voyager, the next Generation or Deep Space Nine. Let´s hope in future there willbe some more series like that.