Radio - music sounds stronger

radi6404

I am interested how it is possible that the music on the radio sounds stronger, more powerful and with enhanced frequencies. I know the music is processed in order to sound like that and that the original sound is not that powerful but for some music it sounds very good. What enhancers do they use to process the music in radio? Compressors, EQ?

I am interested how it is possible that the music on the radio sounds stronger, more powerful and with enhanced frequencies. I know the music is processed in order to sound like that and that the original sound is not that powerful but for some music it sounds very good. What enhancers do they use to process the music in radio? Compressors, EQ?

Radio songs mort certainly aren't "enhanced'. If anything its compressed in a bad way. Its a common practice to eq up lows and highs to trick listeners into thinking something sounds better.

Ofcourse they are not improved, with enhanced I just meant that they are processed. Ofcourse it is always the best to listen the original song as it is created from the artist. I myself know it since I created a few songs myself, but for some songs in the radio it works since it just sounds like radio and for example keeps you awake when you are driving or so, it just sounds like radio, the unprocessed original is better ofcourse.

Radio songs mort certainly aren't "enhanced'. If anything its compressed in a bad way. Its a common practice to eq up lows and highs to trick listeners into thinking something sounds better.

yeah. they're often so overcompressed that you actually hear the distortion clearly even on small shitty speakers. the lack of dynamics is very tiring to listen to and i bet if you'd look at the waveform, then it's a solid rectangle.