Disgusting yet awesome food you enjoy

Ormion

sausages. they're all basically offal wrapped in intestines or some synthetic polymer.

also tofu. it's basically gypsum flavoured with soy milk.

grasshoppers are also said to taste pretty good, i'd like to try them some time...

i still wouldn't touch those kokoretsi :)

I eat a fair amount of tofu. I don't see how it could be disgusting. It's just beans, and has basically no taste of its own.

It wobbles and glistens, two things I don't associate with food (wrongly as lots do) which is what puts me off. They love it here and are shocked when I say I cannot stand it.

I eat a fair amount of tofu. I don't see how it could be disgusting. It's just beans, and has basically no taste of its own.

i love it too. but it owes its (semi-)solid texture to CaSO4. without gypsum it'd be completely liquid. so it's more or less a bean flavoured mineral.

KFC

Same here! It's not available where I live (and actually I'm quite happy about that ;)). But whenever I visit a country where they have KFC I stuff myself with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I mentioned durian already, but why not? Durian.

The popular variety of durian in Asian markets here is Morn Thong... contrary to rumors, it actually doesn't have much of a bad smell/taste, as long as you eat it fresh from the shell and don't leave it out to oxidize. When fresh, it has a pineapple/vanilla custard flavor. Pre-shelled and frozen durian is quite a bit worse, basically like car exhaust mixed with old newspaper. But I love fresh durian.

The only other variety I've had is Gradoom. It tasted like a cross between a mango and an avocado, with just a little bit of smoke flavor. Not too bad.