The origin of today's Pop music

radi6404

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsoH7HI8YII

Ok guys, I know you may laugh and find me an idiot for posting this, I don#t like most of DJ Bobo's disco stuff at all, but this track is something special. It has the atmosphere, pattern and basslines that are being used in almost any Pop track that has been released after that and that is being released. Ok there are some variations of Pop music today like the rocky side of Pop music, Maroon 5 and so on, but for example Pussycat Dolls, Rihanna and many many more use very similar notes on their basslines and melodies than this very song, I thought DJ Bobo was a small light when it comes to Pop music but when I listen to the notes of the bassline and the melody line and the strin and compare it to today's Pop songs it is so similar that today's Pop songs could ahve used music like this for the origin.

the track has so much warmth and feeling to it that no matter when I listen to it it emidiatelly moves me in the summer at a warm country like Serbia or Italy when it is August and you enjoy the strong and warm sun going down and see the beautiful horiion with blue and red as color and ofcourse a beautiful thin girl, summer romance as they say in this song. I know that DJ Bobo has released a lot of crap and I even did not like him a lot, however this track is is very pure and in my opinoin it is the definition of today's Pop music. When you listen to Nelly Fortado for example you wil find similar melodies, strings and baslsines in most of her tracks.

The basline of this song is aktually very very good, altough the song is very old the bassline sounds extremly crisp and extremly dynamic, it really makes you moving and makes the song so much better, not a lot of songs have such a dynamic bassline at all. The rapping of DJ Bobo sounds very prezise, much more prezise than most rap songs in my opinion.

If anyone is interested, songs with similar atmosphere and built up.

Shan Paul - Got to love you

Nelly fortado - Do it

Nelly Fotado - Say it right

Nelly Fortado - I am like a bird

Nelly Fortado - Maneater

Madonna - Celebration

madonna - Holiday

Lot's of Pussy Cat dolls stuff

Do you think I am right or has DJ Bobo himself used some patterns and ideas set for the bassline and melodies from previous Pop songs?

Ofcourse my first music genre is goa trance and related music and I listen mostly to it, but I also liketo listen to metall and Pop and classical and folc music.

So what are you saying? that pop music, the kind of pop music today that uses electronic beats is based on this track?

Even the prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation is from 1994 and some people actually think they were pioneers,

but the only thing the prodigy ever did was bringing electronic music/patters/genres that already existed underground for years

to the mainstream...

It goes way further then that, ever heard of "new beat, house, disco etc.."?

So no Radi, I don't know much about pop music but I'm pretty sure the baseline of this track hasn't anything to do with today's pop music,

The only connection there is, that's it probably a part or a fraction of the development chain of baselines that was going on way earlier...

ps: you are not an idiot for posting that, you just act like one sometimes, that's a huge difference, give yourself some credit ;)

• 1 year later...

I just listened to Everybody by DJ Bbo and I find this song to be really deep and story telling. The melody coming from the piano is very melancholic in sound, as is the female voice singing the refrain. The whole song is very deep and somehow is really a classic just like a true goa trance song. When you listen to that song you hear that it is a really old song and that it sounds really storytelling. For me true music to calm down, just get calm and relax. It is not stressful music but great music to think and have some pleasant dreams, also lucid dreams or out of body experiences if I will learn how to do them. I never understood the disrespect and hate towards DJ Bobo, some of his songs are really good and make much more sence than many Pop songs today. In general I am an open person and I can listen to Pop music from time to time, just like I listen to goa trance, for me that kind of music is not something I label as low or primitive music, as long as it sounds good it is good.