2. Emotion Pulse (Black & White Remix)

3. Drop This (GMS Remix)

4. Make Me (Dynamic vs Space Cat Remix)

5. Acid Beat (220 Volt Remix)

6. Dynamic Sound (Switch Remix)

7. Buenas Noches (CPU Remix)

8. Unlimited (Dual Core Remix)

9. Rock The Body (Ananda Shake Remix)

10. Take Your Time (Sigma vs Dynamic Remix)

Generally speaking this could be as well my shortest review ever, one which would contain only a single word: crap. Some other, somewhat more sophisticated variants of this statement would be: "utter crap" or "this is some crap". Maybe these are too vulgar and blunt comments, but, let's face it, nothing else comes to one's mind after contact with this release. But so as not to reach the level of this musical abomination I shall make an attempt to write something more rather than just this short and not very flattering phrase. Were it not for the fact that I received this album as a promo, I would have never looked at it, not to mention buying it. To download it from the Internet is not so much an act of piracy but one of wasting time, the connection and disc space.

I remember Dynamic from their quite slick release from the past. This was the album entitled "Dynamix" (Phonokol, 2003), the tracks of which were a frequent addition to sets played by our DJs - thus memorable tunes like "DJs On Pills," "Genetic Engineers", "Happy Hippies (Remix)" and "Marju" plowed party trancefloors consistently on many occasions. In the case of those Israeli artists their later attempts only confirm the statement that it was just a one-time shot. After that it was only a downward sloping line, as evidenced by this collection of remixes here - tracks which do not add anything new to the genre of full-on psytrance. No matter how pompously announced this album was, the spirit of uncanny mediocrity and trash is towering over all of it. If there is anyone who is expecting some injection of freshness, the bubble is quick to burst. There is an injection of energy all right, but the same can be said of Justin Bieber's music thrown in among silly teenagers screaming and pissing their pants. One quickly forgets about it, because this kind of things should be forgotten. Some tracks have their moments and some potential, if not for the fact that all this is quickly destroyed by the trivial patents, cheesy melodies and vocals. The last track seems to be the ideal summary of the album's content. It is worth checking it up with one's own ears how far into the abyss of generic releases and trash did the people behind the promotion of such sound go. The scene which can boast about people like Hallucinogen, Astral Projection, Juno Reactor, Cosmosis, Jaia and others would probably cover its face in its hands if it could.

"Dynamic - The Remixes" is a perfect example of the progressive McDonaldization of sounds represented by these types of projects. This disc, as well as many other similar to it, makes one think about what keeps people in contact with this type of music. In addition to effective hard drugs I do not find any other reason, unless someone is an extraordinary masochist without a bit of good taste. Of course some people can say that I am very wrong, because these tracks are just so excellent. Okay than, but at the same time he or she should think over this foolish statement, because it especially offends albums like "Suria - Logical Evolution", the debut of Sirius Isness, releases by the likes of Nano Records and Alchemy Records, or a bunch of other very good releases from the full-on stable.

Templar / http://www.psytrance.pl

Links:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/fin/fin1cd007.html