Transwave - Frontfire

Lemmiwinks

Id say its rather danceable album its not a shitty crap imo :D Tho i liked some other tracks more that werent included in this tracklist, earlier they posted tracks so fans could express their opinions about which ones to include in upcoming cd.

Copy-paste from announcements forum.

• 9 months later...

Some of the samples sound pretty good. I just don't understand why they named these tracks after some of their most classic songs. It's kind of misleading. Some people may buy this album thinking they're getting a "best of" compilation when in actuality (some of) the songs appear to be Psy, Full On versions of classic Psychedelic Goatrance songs.

I love their earlier work (Helium, Phototropic, Backfire albums) so much, have been listening to it recently. Their earlier stuff is beautiful. There is so much heart and soul in it. Maybe I'll give this one a chance some time. My reluctance is in part that I don't want it to take away from my wonderful impression of the classic tracks that these are based on. Nonetheless, I found this album for a more reasonable price via Amazon MP3 download (below). I imgine that after all these years I'll find some tracks I like on it. Thinking of buying it via download on there.

Truthfully I wish they hooked up with Suntrip Records and released a super New School Psy/Goa album. Or at least went the more open, wild Juno Reactor (unconventional route) and developed a novel, new sound that blows people away (in a good way). That would be truly amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=frontfire&x=0&y=0

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,i'm listening to Transwave guys from their first steps.This album is almost a revisit of their old tracks (i know you were mention this) except from 'Uplifter' 'Coming Soon' & 'Fuel On'.Fuel On yes it's a remix of Koxbox track,the Coming Soon track is a remix of X-Dream's title included in Microchip EP in year 1999.For 'Rising High' it is very near to 'Malaka Dance' track,the bassline,some rhythms,some melodies & samples,probably they rename it.'Organic' is a remake of 'Biolab',at last only Uplifter is a brand new track.

As many of you i was expected a NEW album from Transwave and not something like this,but at the end was appealing.

Hope for something more innovating in the future

• 3 years later...

0n8tqmD.jpg

Artist: Transwave

Title: Frontfire

Label: Fineplay Records

Date: February, 2009

1. Uplifter
2. Coming S. feat. Dimitri Nakov
3. Trashish
4. Rising High
5. Fuel On feat. Koxbox
6. Rezwalker
7. Cycles Of Life
8. Land Of Freedom
9. Organic
10. Phototropic Part II

Full-on + Remixes = Full On Remixes.

It's not rocket science. The fact that this was released on Fineplay Records also tells a lot. After all this is the label that gave you

Q8H3EJU.jpg

What the f*ck did you think was gonna happen?

Ok, several points to discuss here. Transwave are Absolum + Deedrah and were in tegral parts of what made the goa scene great in its heyday. Masters surely giving the people 3 albums of goa brilliance. But what they did here didn't sit well with most people. We can wish for a DAT style release of undiscovered gems or a Suntrip album of new goa trance material, but that doesn't look like it's happening.

And it definitely wasn't happening here.

Nope they decided to make full on remixes of some of their classic tracks, but didn't think that piece of info was necessary when labeling the tracks on the CD. So what you see are the names of the classic tracks. That is only done for one of two reasons. You're either stupid or dishonest. I'm leaning towards number 2.

They know that their audience is full of goa purists who would most assuredly pass on such an album tanking album sales.

So ok, let's get past their probably dishonesty. In a way it doesn't make sense because we have this thing called the internet and believe me word travels fast. What's the music like? First you have to take the name Transwave out of the equation, listen to this in a vacuum. If you go into this expecting goa remixes of classic tracks you're gonna wanna punch babies. This ain't goa and to be honest it's not very psychedelic either. It's pure full-on remixes as others have stated. Yes it's painful to see once revered masters go down this road, but let's not act like it hasn't happened before. MWNN and MFG I'm looking directly at you.

So...that's nut punch #2. We are now down to "Is it at least intelligent full-on?"

Sometimes.

There are several original tracks that I thought were pretty good. Uplifter and Rising High were enjoyable pieces of light fare so you're thinking, "Ok Transwave you are now Melicia or Tetrium." I hate it, but I can accept it.

The problem I have is the same one everyone does. The remixes of some of their best tracks. They totally neuter X-Dream's Coming Soon removing anything that was remotely psychedelic. Trashish and that God-awful guitar riff were tolerable as a goa track, but as full-on it sounds like Afternoon Delight by the Starland Vocal Band on a perpetual loop. Makes me want to jump out a window.

3ZPrvXE.gif

"Wait for me muthaf*ckaz!"

When it comes to the Rezwalker and Cycles of Life, two anthemic goa tracks, they did well giving them depth with a myriad of effects and a break that is quite tasty. The twists and turns revealed that they are still capable of some intricacy. Stil it's like painting flames on a Bentley. Why the hell would you do that?

Land of Freedom takes an absolute classic and Paul Van Dyk's it up. The only thing missing is Sarah McLaughlin singing over top of it. Expect to see it in a commercial for the next must have product modeled by a gay guy in incredible shape showing disinterest in an emaciated female model with dark glasses while the wind fails to move his gelled coif.

Is this an attempt to showcase their new direction or a blatant and lazy cash grab? God help us it might be both. If you like full-on you could probably get by with this mediocre effort, but with all the great music out there are you content to just get by? For the purists this is like putting your hand on a hot stove knowing what the outcome will be.

Pain and third degree burns that's what's gonna happen.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk