Hole In Barcode - Significance?

niobium

yes, how?

it doesnt make sense - who the fuck is waiting for years for release to become rare and then download it :D ?

435443[/snapback]

well think about this for a second...a guy that is ok with downloading stuff that's out of print does so and fills up his hard drive with a lot of music ...he's happy because there is a ton of stuff he can download..so his interest in new releases (and spending money on them) decreases...after a while what was once new music is old so he goes ahead and downloads that as well because of "hey now this is old and out of print, I'm not hurting anyone...I'll just download it" logic.

Meanwhile guys like PKS have to destroy their CD's in order to cut their losses.

well think about this for a second...a guy that is ok with downloading stuff that's out of print does so and fills up his hard drive with a lot of music ...he's happy because there is a ton of stuff he can download..so his interest in new releases (and spending money on them) decreases...after a while what was once new music is old so he goes ahead and downloads that as well because of "hey now this is old and out of print, I'm not hurting anyone...I'll just download it" logic.

Meanwhile guys like PKS have to destroy their CD's in order to cut their losses.

435491[/snapback]

faulty logic ;)

from a fairytale book called "what if...?"

it really doesnt make sense - ?

" a guy downloads OOPs" - why is he downloading? because that music cant be bought, hes and oldschool freak for example.

why isnt he buying new releases? - because that music[that is - the one being released right here-right now] is different and he doesnt like it, and not because he is going to wait few years and then dload it.

will he buy it after years?? mostly not, unless his taste dramatically changes ;).

people dont buy music they dont like, and unless they suddenly discover that they love it, they will not buy it.

people download music they want, it doesnt matter if they like it or not, but they download it anyway and noone will wait years to download.

so again - it doesnt make sense, it dont fit.

more than - who the fuck will wait years to download stuff just because its OOP? the ones who download do it whenever its possible, they are not waiting :rolleyes: ... FFS - what is better - wait years to listen music you like by downloading it or buy the one you like and listen to it when its available? who the fuck is doing that anyway? i guess noone. :rolleyes:

i just cant see that sense here :)

Edited by reger

it really doesnt make sense - ?

" a guy downloads OOPs" - why is he downloading? because that music cant be bought, hes and oldschool freak for example.

True, but buying/selling mp3/flac and doesnt solve it.

The thing is that if you just sell mp3 or flac it'll be shared just as fast.

Some just dont want to support the artist/labels because they can get it for free, they doesnt give a flying fuck if it was ripped or what.

Almost everything I own is the originals, I dont copy or share, UNLESS its a extremely hard-to-get one.

In this case, yes I have copied music that impossible to get to people who really want it and I have in my collection(ex: technosommy, jaia).

But anyways we have had this discusion many times before.

Peace

faulty logic ;)

I don't think so. I think it's kind of convinient to download all the OOP stuff now and enjoy that and then when more stuff gets OOP you download that as well.

The only difference to a person that does that would be the waiting period and many are willing to wait a couple of years or so until current new release are no longer available because they have plenty of free stuff to keep them busy. I am not saying they purposely wait for a particular release to go out of print, but their interest in new stuff THEY NEED TO PAY FOR decreases because they have plenty of OOP free downloads that keep them happy, thus lower interest in current releases.

• 10 years later...

You all know what I am talking about. A CD arrives with a hole or

a hole-punch in the middle of the barcode on the back. Does this

mean the CD was rejected by 'quality control' inspectors?

I just got Total Eclipse - Access Denied (sealed) for 99 cents.

It has one such 'hole' I have noticed these CDs come from dealers

who appear to have bought huge inventories of CDs at special liquidation

sales.

Any ideas??

I got that shit never though of any significance i mean its just a fucking hole loooll da fuq cares anyways its just a hole in a barcode looooool even rhymes huh loooolll

I got that shit never though of any significance i mean its just a fucking hole loooll da fuq cares anyways its just a hole in a barcode looooool even rhymes huh loooolll

I think it matters to CD collectors, no? I know I'd be pissed if I got one of those...

But I'm assuming the whole idea of collecting CDs is a "lol" to you as well, so I'm not expecting you to understand.